1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Love it so far. I was the same, thought I wanted blue, but it was a present so I didn't have a choice. After having the Orange, it’s really a cool color and I’m glad i got that one. I have too much blue stuff, just look at my profile pic. LOL I have a Seamaster (big 007 fan here) and a blue Tissot, so I really didn't need another blue watch. Ive only had it for 4 days so not long enough to tell how well it keeps time. The bezel is weird at first with no clicking but now I kinda like that. Very nice watch for just under $500 and it looks and feels more like a $1500+ watch. Perfect add to any collection.

Jedb and KCFirebolt like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

So I ended up getting a 1965 Omega Automatic off of a goodwill.com auction a few weeks ago. I know it is in fairly rough condition and the band is aftermarket (I actually love the Speidel band and it fits me well) but I just couldn't walk away at the price. $450 for a 1965 Omega Automatic that hold time perfectly and is a great everyday wear.

Really happy with it, but for the life of me I cannot seem to identify the model. It appears to either be a Seamaster or Geneve, but the face has neither marking. Serial number 22258194. I believe the automatic movement is a 560. It was advertised as a Seamaster, but I was looking for any input from the team here as far as the model itself.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jed and ts199 like this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

There will be 6 digits on the back of the case cover. Something like 163.026 or similar. that is the model #. There may or may not be a "." in the middle.

You can see in the goodwill picture the movement number is 560.

Its a nice looking watch, but I hate those flex bands. yuck. Enjoy it.

That crystal should be Acrylic. You can really improve it with some polish. Lots of info on-the-line on how to polish scratches out of an acrylic crystal.

Chris likes this.
  4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Be careful, there are already knock offs of the "Omega" Swatch Moon watch (and possibly others) on the market now. It's amazing that they are making copies of a $400 watch...

5. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

How careful do you have to be to avoid buying a copy of a $260 watch? I’m not sure you could fake the packaging and be profitable.

I love that Omega. I bought an old Seamaster in the diamond district a few months ago. It’s on my bench waiting for a service. Those movements are amazing for the price.

Chris likes this.
  6. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Looks like a Seamaster 166.002 - but I've never seen one without 'seamaster' printed on the dial. Not sure if it was stripped or if they ever offered unmarked service dials.

Chris likes this.
  7. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

Finally pulled the trigger. Merry Christmas to me!

First impressions, shinier than I expected. I think that's due to the coating on the bezel. Not sure I'm in love with the look of the bracelet, but I'm going to give it a few weeks to see if it grows on me. Bracelet is comfortable. Best lume I've ever seen. Genuinely seems useful vs. my other watches. Bezel action is good, though I do wish it clicked or provided detents.

Overall, though, I really like it! For $420, I think it offers great bang for the buck. And so far, it seems to keep really good time. Running about 3 sec fast from when I set it to my phone at 9am this morning.

[​IMG]

Spooner, Phl218 and trussdude like this.
  8. ChemGuy

What is it? I got a big grey circle of doom...

cha0s#242 likes this.
  9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Picture was up just a few min ago, was a Seiko GMT

10. KCFirebolt

I've been on this forum for well over a decade and STILL can't seem to post a picture here! Frustrating. Sorry. Not sure why it doesn't show for everyone.

tony 340 likes this.
  11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Are you using a phone or laptop? Apple products?

12. KCFirebolt

GMT Small.jpg

Maybe that worked.

Windows laptop.

cha0s#242 and ChemGuy like this.
  13. ChemGuy

Ahhh. Danny likey. Nice watch.

KCFirebolt likes this.
  14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Looks nice! Its a super comfy bracelet, I love them.

KCFirebolt likes this.
  15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

[QUOTE="KCFirebolt, post:

Windows laptop.[/QUOTE]
    Cool! You have it figured out now

KCFirebolt likes this.
  16. KCFirebolt

Thanks guys!

~24 hours since setting, and it's running about :15 seconds fast vs. cell phone. I swap watches pretty frequently, so I'm not too worried about absolute accuracy over time. Curious more than anything.

Jedb likes this.
  17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

So I was finally able to find a Nicky Hayden championship Tissot to replace the one Colleen bought for me for Christmas of 2006. After she passed it went missing and I was a bit devastated to be honest. Tissot's aren't all that expensive obviously, but the sentimental value was invaluable.

Of course it isn't the one I had, but I'm really happy to have it and I'll remember her fondly when I wear it. Like right now! :)

Even if the band is incorrect until I get the proper one...

Attached Files:

Chris, KCFirebolt, HPPT and 2 others like this.
  18. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I need to just buy one of those and take the battery out. I don't' know that I would wear it much but I don't want the battery puking its guts inside.

19. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Picked this guy up as an after Christmas present to myself. So far I am really liking it. Garmin Fenix 7S Sapphire Solar.

[​IMG]

Jed and trussdude like this.
  20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I was in TJ for a week so I wore my Fenix 5 as what Dave K would call a "don't stab me watch". It was the first time that I appreciated a smart watch. The draw of an automatic is wearing a complex and intricate energy converting machine on your wrist to measure time. I've been into watches since I was a kid and I'm still fascinated by them and smile every time I feel the rotor move on my wrist. For that reason I always hated smart watches. They seemed like a lame evolution of calculator watches and I bought mine for running, period.

This week fucked that up because I was in a hyperbaric chamber and noticed my watch read -13000 feet elevation. It kind of made me realize there's also something awesome about having a supercomputer that measures everything from my biometric data to barometric pressure, and also accesses GPS satellites. It's equally mind boggling whether or not I'd ever want to get a text message on my watch. I can't imagine how cool the Fenix 7 is.