1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is why

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well I don’t have one of those anymore either. I have a pickup truck and little trailer though, so I can still get them to the local tracks.

motion likes this.
  2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Pay is finally coming around to what it was in the 70's (inflation adjusted). The pilot shortage is pretty real and the airlines are all raking it in. JetBlue and Delta just got new contracts, I believe they are out for a vote now. 12 year Narrowbody Captain (717/737/A320) $330 per hour. Figure average of 80 hours per month working 12-14 days. FO pay around $200. So it's damn good money. I don't know what the Widebody international guys will be getting, but 777 FO is probably still a smidge less than narrow body Captain. Just depends what kind of lifestyle you want to live. Widebody FO maybe 4 landings per month, flying all night across the pond.

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Then you should have kept that story to yourself.

:D :D :D

For working about one week a month?

motion and Gino230 like this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

they dont work 1 week a month.

You have to add in managing the rental properties, burying all their gold and guns and doing "research" on the net on far right/left conspiracy theories. All these things take a lot of time.

:D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Bitching is also a full time job

We have guys that are complaining about NOT having airport reserve anymore

ChemGuy likes this.
  6. Gino230

True! At the time, I think AA was training pilots to use the rudder to recover from Dutch Roll. My dutch roll recovery training was different, it was aileron recovery. Nowadays they don't want you putting any rudder pressure in at all during stall recoveries, but if you start to roll it's a handful. Swept wing stalls from the tips inward, rendering the ailerons ineffective pretty early in the stall. Thanks to Air France and Colgan Air, we now have "Extended Envelope Training" where we fly the simulator deep into the stall to see what it feels like and how different the recovery is. On my last session, during the debrief, the instructor said "you had 20 lb force on the left rudder" I said no, I had 500 pounds force on the right rudder and 480 on the left! HAHA!

ChemGuy likes this.
  7. Gino230

If the FA's had to be hot for the story to be shared, there would be very few stories.

8. ChemGuy

Damn. I knew I forgot something.

"Got Dam Government is taking all MY MONEY...AGGGHHH"
    [​IMG]

9. ChemGuy

Not back in the old days....

Gino230 likes this.
  10. Resident Plarp

Well yeah, hence there shouldn’t be many of ‘em.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not quite. They just put a spot on the frame to mount it. I had both. Lost my 96 to a tank slapper. Needless to say I put a steering damper on the 97.

12. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Yep, your right. I think in 98 Suzuki added a stabilizer. I know my 2000 did.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2000 was a brand-new model. New generation from 96-99.

418 likes this.
  14. Resident Plarp

:D

E8B1D883-F156-48F0-9A94-258DA31281E0.jpeg

15. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

It was definitely an improvement over the SRAD in many ways. Never had a head shake on that bike.

In stock trim I was able to put down a 1:54 at TWS. I thought it was pretty respectable.

HPPT likes this.
  16. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

I went through that training because AA was extremely proud of it post TWA purchase. The instructor was an ex F-teener that started discussing corner speed. How many transport category jets have a corner speed carrot??

Zero…

My understanding is that both Boeing and Airbus told AA they were going to over stress the airframe with the procedures they were teaching prior to 587.

Currently working in Safety, I can say no more.

17. Resident Plarp

18. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

I think it’s more of a DNS:). Currently stuck in RSW waiting for it to start up again. I guess the NOTAM system went down. Surprisingly, the system is completely shite on its best day.

19. Resident Plarp

Hey man, every pilot on schedule be getting paid. :D

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's always DNS.