1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any car stereo installers here?

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Jan 9, 2023.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

The stock radio in my 2019 Altima is broken. So I got one of those Android 10 inch car stereos. It is really cool, and will do a ton of stuff. But I am trying to make the steering wheel buttons work with it. There were 2 plugs in the original radio, and the wiring adaptor I got only uses one. There are 3 wires out of the head unit labled key 1, key 2, and key ground. I know these are the steering wheel control wires foe the radio, but I don't know what stock wires to hook up to so that they work. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Did you buy the interface modules that are required?

Like these?
    ads-mrr at Crutchfield

These things have been required for a while in cars. My van I cant replace the radio. Damn whole van runs everything through it. (Honda)

BigBird and stickboy274 like this.
  3. I haven’t looked at Nissan in detail but on my Jeep the stereo is controlled by can bus and needed a converter and steering steering wheel needed an adaptor. Easy plug and play, I used the Maestro stuff and was got enough for what I wanted to do. Factory head unit finally took a dump and new ones needed to be paired with the VIN at the dealer so finally said f it and went with aftermarket. I had all aftermarket speakers and Amps, 2 8” subs and replaced the stock 10 with a much better one. Wanted keep it all out of sight and looking stock. Oh well.

BigBird likes this.
  4. backcountryme

Yeah, I am not sure. My Nissan seems to have so little aftermarket support. I can't hardly find anything for it. I know the 2019 was the start of a new platform, but you would think that 3 years would be enough time to get some support.

5. svguy

svguy Member

Crutchfield is your friend… incredible customer support!

backcountryme and tony 340 like this.
  6. Yes, they have a pretty good website that walks you through what you need.

backcountryme likes this.
  7. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Purchase all through crutch. Just based on their support

backcountryme likes this.
  8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

2018+ Odyssey? Yeah, the MOST system sucks for that stuff.

9. sdg

sdg *

I used to think so. Not so much with a P-car.

10. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Ditch the Nissan and buy a good car.

11. backcountryme

I like the car. Got a good deal on it and it gets great mileage. I'm not a brand whore.

12. backcountryme

That is who I got the bezel kit from. I have used them for years. I think I may have found the adaptor I need.

13. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Ok car stereo peeps.
    I have a 2003 Ford F350 with the stock cd player. I just want something to run a USB thumbdrive for music.
    Whats my move?

(Pic of truck for reference, oh and its only got 47k original miles)

Attached Files:

StaccatoFan and YamahaRick like this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

Another vote for crutchfield

even though i put a $200 ebay air play double din no name into the $1k beater exploder

15. backcountryme

31648E40-2BF9-4502-B13C-C1D63300F132.jpeg
    this is what I put in mine. Got it for $250 on Amazon.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it sure is fun as fuck doing a trackday with it.