1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bike dickheads…….??

Discussion in 'General' started by britx303, Dec 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Good luck! I wish I was going to make it. Hopefully next year.

britx303 likes this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Thanks! Hoping the cold rain holds out. I’m definitely jittery excited, especially after a 2 year break and new bike

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Have fun!! :)

britx303 likes this.
  4. britx303

She came in 5th and I in 6th. Out of 7 in our class, 150-C. We haven’t really ridden in 2 years besides a few times mucking around the yard. Covid crap really threw such a monkey wrench into everything! The first lap was the real eye opener for both of us just how long it’s been :crackup: Into the 2nd lap it was starting to come back to me, the dirt do’s and dont’s………like far less front brake use……….put myself on my ass a couple times, washing out the front:D The klx140g hauled me faster than I could ride it today, even up a few steep hillclimb spots, but jury is still out on which I like better, ttr225 or the klx. Just need a few more runs on the Kaw. And last but not least, but forgot to mention , we were greeted at the front gate by the Moyers…….from MAARC, WERA vintage RZ racer. Guess it’s time to start hitting the trails on the weekends again:D :in summary, it was just fuckin awesome to grid up on a bike after so long!!!!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
    Phl218, Sabre699, SpeedyE and 5 others like this.
  5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

That's awesome! What was the turnout like?

britx303 likes this.
  6. britx303

Great turnout I think. We started on the 4th row, and when I turned around to look behind me while waiting for the riders meeting and anthem to start, it “seemed” like a couple hundred bikes. A drone was flying over, not sure where to see the footage of us gridded though. I really wanted to cross the line closer to my daughter, but paternal instinct kept taking over with other kids that were stuck in ruts etc., and I’d quickly stop and pull them out or help them back up. Altogether, great event, and I wish it would stay at this spot. They’ve bounced between Wicomico and Budds and some other place for The Hangover. Wicomico and Budds are 45ish + minutes from home, so it’s nice to get up leisurely out of my own bed and head down:D

jksoft likes this.
  7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Sounds like a good time!

britx303 likes this.
  8. britx303

Just checked results for the overall time slot we raced in, morning adult C’s, juniors(12yo-17yo) and a vintage class.We had 217 starters. Then it was 134 for the afternoon Pro/A/B guys. And 36 for the morning kids class.

jksoft and TurboBlew like this.
  9. britx303

It was awesome. I do think my daughter needs to take over the KLX and I need to figure out something for me. With over 100lbs difference between our weight, we just can’t share :crackup: We used most of the MX track before dipping into the woods, and I was too froggy a few times and found the bottoming out point of the stock suspension :D Her TTR is kickstart only and she’s “done with that” now, she says:crackup:

ToofPic likes this.
  10. fastfreddie

Some springs for you (and an engine cradle), you take your daughter's TTR, she takes your KLX. Sounds fair to me. ;)

I bottomed Yzass's TTR twice just getting used to it and immediately knew it would not survive w/o mods. It would make a great little mx-er but I'm not allowed to modify it.

11. britx303

I’d rather her take the Klx for dirt work, turn the ttr into a full time mini moto/indoor flattrack bike. And me get a yz125x……..I’m hung up on one of those since they came out

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Just a heads up headed to Iron Mountain here in North GA this Friday to ride Friday night, All day Sat and Sat night.. You can ride until 11PM... camping at the end of the road at the camping area... Bonfire will be roaring all weekend...

Phl218, TurboBlew, britx303 and 3 others like this.
  13. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Maverick, if you were above the Mig, how could you see him?
    "I was inverted"

:Putter::beer::Putter::D

Phl218 and britx303 like this.
  14. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

How was your weekend up there? Was it muddy? We got a lot of rain in the Lake Lanier vicinity Thursday. Crowded with quads and SxS's?

15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

It was snowing Friday night.....Cold as Hell all weekend and Muddy as Hell but the single track was challenging to say the least.. Tipped the RMZ on its side and then it didnt quite run right after... I put a new plug in prior so I am thinking a exhaust valve may have been opened and Oil got on the plug... Anyone else have that happen? Hate to rip the fuel pump and all out but if I need too I will....

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  16. britx303

Partzilla for oem parts? I’m back on fixing the roided out rt100. Needed crank seals BADLY!! and wanted oem’s. Put them in an order with other bits and pieces. One of the things was a main jet that I didn’t have the size in my spares.It’s on back order til March…….so partzilla has been sitting on that order waiting for one damn jet:confused: That’s f**king stoopid……just sayin’:mad: I called Friday to see what the deal was on the order, and that was the response……..”we are waiting on that part.If you want the rest of your order, you’ll need to pay additional shipping.” Duh-fuq!! Rant over:D

SpeedyE likes this.
  17. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem that unreasonable but I have had that situation arise several times with Rocky Mountain and they have never charged additional shipping, although I wouldn't fault them if they did.

britx303 likes this.
  18. fastfreddie

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    britx303 likes this.
  19. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

RMATV seems to default to ship what they get as they get it, even if it means one order get's trailed out over 10 separate shipments. I don't recall them ever holding up other parts because one wasn't on hand.

jksoft and britx303 like this.
  20. britx303

I was only semi-playfully ranting:D However having a customer wait a month and a half for in stock parts for the sake of one jet seems just a tiny bit much. Other than this, I’ve been super happy getting my oem bits from them, and relatively quickly.