1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Costa Rica Tours??

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Jan 9, 2023.

1. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Anyone ever did them? Not looking for long ass one, maybe 2-3 days. One experienced rider and a shorter (5'6") experienced semi experienced rider

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Haven't taken a tour, but did rent a bike in San Jose and rode all over the country on my own. Very nice experience.

3. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Boman Forklift, cpettit and Seiko like this.
  4. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

All I can think from my trip there is make sure you spend some time around Arenal. That was the one thing that was amazing with it being a rainforest area.

5. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

skidooboy likes this.
  6. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Same. I loved it.

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

bwhip likes this.
  8. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Motion and Steve: who did you rent from?

9. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

The wife (5' 8") and I went with Costa Rica Unlimited in December. GREAT COMPOUND, AND RIDING! Would go again. they lowered, and softened the bikes (Gas Gas, KTM 350's) for my wife, and another female, that was in the group with us. they will cater to your riding ability, if you tell them, fast, or tough... they will make it so. the "easy group" had stuff that was pretty tough but, just enough to get you out of your comfort zone. I rode with the easy group all three days, as I didnt want to leave my wife to be picked up, and babysat by the guides. I still had a ball! there is some seriously tough terrain there.

they are getting into their summer (dryer season) now until april. the wet or "green season" is WET. the terrain was rocky, and wet slippery Georgia red clay, if you know what I mean. if you go to youtube, look up Tyler Jones, Costa Rica, that was our trip. he has 3 different parts. some funny stuff, some bad language etc... check it out, gives you a good idea, what to expect.

Jaco (pronounced Haco) is a great town, if you are into night life. they say every night is Saturday night, and Saturday night is New Years Eve, in Jaco.

zip lines, croc watching, birding, surfing, etc... all available there. Tell Terry (lives stateside and reps, books your trip) and Chris (owns the tour and compound in CR) that Eric and Lynne from Michigan say hi, they might charge you double. LOL!

you will both enjoy it! Ski

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

wild-rider.com I checked their website and dont see bikes, but you may want to call or email them.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I did a quick Google.. these guys have cheap and small bikes: https://sl1rentalcr.com/motorcycles/

I rented a Honda XR250 which turned out to be *plenty* of bike for the ride. Speeds throughout the entire country are very low. If you want to get onto the trails, you'll be thankful to have a small bike. I was on volcano flanks in the middle of nowhere and had to walk the bike plenty of times. Was thankful to have something small.

12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Same bike we had in Thailand. For the roads we did, it was enough and the off road capabilities were very handy. However, I would have preferred road tires since we spent 95% of our trip on paved twisties.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  13. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I also rented from Wild Rider. I went with two friends and we just did stuff on our own. It was a blast and we spent nearly nothing. My buddy made a video.

motion and skidooboy like this.
  14. micchael6

micchael6 Member

Did it 6 years ago. I rent a crf250l at Wild Rider for 10 days with two friends, awesome trip! We went to Arenal, then Tamarindo, Samara and Santa Teresa. We took the Costal road from Tamarindo to Santa Teresa and ferry to come back, really nice road! You can find them on Mapsme but some little road we’re closed or flooded.