1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

what scope is that on the ar?

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

IRay Bolt 384 Thermal

sanee likes this.
  3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

https://www.impactguns.com/handguns...thumb-safety-tungsten-17rd-022188884951-13194
    Give them a call, but the site says they have the 17 rd.
    Shows a couple in the store up north a bit, not the one closer to me.

Ah, but the shorter one, not the competition. Oh well.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. brex likes this.
  6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

You need to change that to 6 OR 8 seconds. We all know 7 seconds wouldn't work.

Gorilla George and Sabre699 like this.
  7. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Ha. You make a habit of out shooting me. In a nice way motorkas told me my shooting skills are perishing like out of date milk lol. Both his bolt guns shoot very well so even I could get a little lucky. Those MKEs are a blast to shoot. I know one is in my future.

8. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Been waiting for your feedback. So, what did you end up buying and what are your thoughts?

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Man, my 1911 has been delayed AGAIN ... now due to personal circumstances I probably won't be able to get it until Tuesday. :(

10. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Went to the local gun show yesterday and I checked out a bunch of the smaller 9mm pistols. I had a list of a the contenders that I wanted to look at, and pretty much saw everything I wanted to see. Really liked the Canik TP9 SC. Seems like a great value, but that's really a bit larger than I want to carry. It came down to the Sig P365X and the Hellcat. Both had a very similar size and feel to me with a good fit for my hands. The extended grip on the P365X making a big difference for fit compared to the P365. I'd give the Sig a slight edge on fit for me, but almost bought the Hellcat as they had a nice kit with 5 magazines and a range bag for $575.00. It would be nice to fire both side by side at the range, but the local place stopped renting guns when covid hit and they haven't started that back up yet.

Funny story at the show: My wife was with me and she knows that I like the Ruger Super Redhawk and the Blackhawk. So she sees this Blackhawk with about a 6" barrel and a scope and asks the sales dude to see it. The dude laughs, so my wife says "No, I'm serious. " so the guy gets it out and we look at it, but I knew we weren't going to buy it as soon as the dude laughed. I'm thinking "You idiot. Never laugh at my wife like that. You just lost a sale because you didn't take her seriously. "
    And I lost a chance at getting a cool hand cannon. :(

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i would have walked off, then definitely try to buy it at another vendor (tell that story to beat that price if it was cheaper) then swing by again with shit eating smile :)

Gorilla George and tgold like this.
  12. Yeah, I would have told him "Nevermind, and go fuck yourself".

Sabre699, Britt and Steak Travis like this.
  13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

What a Richard!!!

14. Not a handgun but just got the Gen 3 Gamo Magnum .22 pellet gun, having a few well built .177 and .22 ones I have to say this thing is a monster out of the box. After 50 rounds through it did a very light clean of the barrel and figured out which of the 5 kinds of pellets I have that it prefers. Thankfully like the HN Barracuda which is good because I have lots of them. Things consistent at 990fps with 18.5gr pellets. Only thing I changed is better scope mount.
    The squirrels sure don’t like it though. I need to break down and get a good PCP pellet gun that has some sort of magazine. I like the Gamo’s because of the magazine, it works and I hate reloading one at a time.

15. I’ve shot a Hellcat a couple times, didn’t fit my hand but seemed to be ok and people I know that own them seem to like them. 365 is my go to and they just work for me, they fit (mine have one off grips), never had an issue with one and they shoot beyind my skill level. I have 4 of them. Just switched over to the X Macro holstered in the vehicle, X is my carry, XL for plinking and another X that was supposed to be for the wife but it’s not all done up for an in the house gun.

16. Is there a tangible difference between the XL and the X-Macro?

If I didnt have one at all, then of course I would opt for the one with best shit (theoretically). But since I already own the XL, is it worth "upgrading" to the X-Mac?

17. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I think the correct GG move would be to buy all of the guns in the display case from the dealer right next to him. "This could've been you, dummy!"

fastfreddie and Gorilla George like this.
  18. :crackup:

Yeah, that sounds like some shit I would do because fuck him. :D

19. Nice piece of kit there.