1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rich white folks....at it again

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, May 19, 2017.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

Since I was on vacation I have some catching up to do. The vendee globe wraps up probably late tomorrow. 6 boats in the lead pack. Last I checked it was anyones race. I kind of like boris hermann.

And wow team.usa falling on their faces in the Prada cup. Ben Ainslee and ineos looking great. And Prada pirellii on a roll..
    I hope one of them can bring it to etnz
    20210125_082525.png

kangasj likes this.
  2. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

I'm staggered at how close the Vendee Globe will finish. At one point over the weekend, I think there were 4 or 5 boats fighting for the lead within 100 miles of each other . . . . after 70+ days!

Shame about the Jules Verne attempt. That's a cool boat too. Freakin' flew over the top of the water. Oh well. They broke rule #1 of most go fast sports.

Rule #1: Don't bump into anything.

kangasj likes this.
  3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I thought that image looked familiar. Same result.
    [​IMG]

joec likes this.
  4. joec

joec brace yourself

Yeah. I followed the Jules verne a little. That boat is crazy.

I saw that boris hit a fishing trawler 85 miles from the end of the race in the dark. Sucks for him. His rigging was all tangled up in the cranes on the trawler. I haven't caught up today but Jean le cam....what a performance from and old guy in an older style boat. Incredible to be hanging with the foilers.

The team usa boat went back in the water a day or so ago. There was about an oven sized hole missing out of the hull. I still can't believe how well they can repair that stuff in that amount of time. That boat was up to the deck in water sinking. I saw Roger Penske is one of the team principals.. and ineos got a bunch of help from the Mercedes f1 team on their foil designs after the Christmas races.

I think its completely up in the air for the cup races. Italy will probably be eliminated but its totally got the makings of a team usa victory. Just have to wait and see how much faster etnz will get.

I still can't get my head around doing 45kts in a 15knt wind. How is that even possible?

83BSA likes this.
  5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Gazillions in development and some damn good engineers/fluid dynamics modeling and design demi-gods.
    It's impressive

joec and 83BSA like this.
  6. joec

joec brace yourself

So.....spoiler....

Team usa out! Go prada!!! Ainslee /Spithill throw down!

7. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

It seems some of them white folks are into recycling
    foil swing 5.jpg

Jedb, joec, Jed and 2 others like this.
  8. joec

joec brace yourself

Well...announced today..team red bull alinghi! And keep in mind....there's Mercedes inios also. Some f1 rivalries are getting more involved. I have big hopes for at least 4 teams but I have a feeling any potentials just looked at that and said fuck it. Lol. It's starting to get real. Lol.

I've always been an alinghi fan. I'm kinda stoked to get the new hat ordered.

Steeltoe likes this.
  9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Foreal I like sailing, and I love how cool these boats are, but it never stops being funny how douchey it is. "The Vacheron Constantin Prada team just passed the Lamborghini Givenchy Rolex team because their wooden chest full of jewels and gold coins shifted in the hull and messed up their weight distribution." Good for rich white people I guess, gotta do something with all that money haha...

ducnut, Rebel635, joec and 3 others like this.
  10. joec

joec brace yourself

lol...givenchy...ive cant believe you pulled that out. haha.

Sweatypants likes this.
  11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

LOL do they have a boat? high fashion douche-wear seems to go hand in hand in these cases a lot of times, just taking a stab haha

12. joec

joec brace yourself

Just sayin....shummie drove for benneton. ;-)

I have no idea why high fashion and yachting go together. Maybe it's the champagne.. nd don't forget belstaff 39503396-0-image-m-16_1613762293165.jpg 111209910.jpg

13. joec

joec brace yourself

And Luna Rossa Prada pirelli are in!

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

$500K swing...

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

This must be an Eye-talian boat....the SS Frag-ee-lay

[​IMG]

evakat and burnham like this.
  16. joec

joec brace yourself

It's on! The volvo will be starting sunday. I don't really like Enright but the boat is super cool looking. Can the frenchie keep from sinking again? Hopefully..I don't think he'd be so lucky this time. Can Boris do the double? I think he won it last time right? Any opinions on the new format? Little disappointing only 7 boats. But it's starting to become way too expensive I'd think to even enter much leas compete. I did see Bouwe Bekking is on one of the sprint boats. I miss David Witt, Xabi, and Dee out there.

Steeltoe likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've been looking at the boats that went out yesterday?/today? bedding in. Let's fkn goooo!!

joec likes this.
  18. joec

joec brace yourself

my bad. i thought boris won the vendee globe. i know he was up there. escoffier sank in the vendee and was rescued by le cam. last volvo, vestas was de masted down near the falklands. witty lost a crewman at sea in the south pacific off the sothern tip of south america. and i think dong feng ripped the track off the mast and i remember the poor guy trying to epoxy it back on and comming down on the chair with epoxy all over him. and i think they blow out a sail too that they had patch back together. i think this race has something like a 12,000 mile leg. the new boats are pretty much totally enclosed. but there will be the usual failures breaks and chaos im sure. though i do miss the days of stacking and crews over the rails.

19. joec

joec brace yourself

looking at the tiller extension on the holcim prb boat. the helmsman sitting on the deck witht he extension comming out through the window. how do they tack/gybe that?? the 11th hour racing boat is really pretty. and this is dumb. i thought the actual race started on sunday. what happened to the in port being the begining of the leg btw. disappointed.

20. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Dang I didnt know Holcim was sponsoring a boat.

Looks like their prices just went up if they can afford funding this thing. :D

joec likes this.