1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jake Zemke bike on Ammo NYC

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Dec 30, 2022.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Ran across this today. I love seeing the stuff this guy details.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Tis.

4. Pete “just leave it here, I have enough”. Love it.

5. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

What is Jake up to these days?

6. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Agent and coach

ducnut likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Thanks for the headsup! I like some of that guy's vidoes. And Jake. Jake is cool.

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Co-owns GP suspension, rider coach, professional racer in the pit mentor, works in professional athlete management, etc, etc.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  9. Ive been subscribed to that channel for a while. I like his detailing videos.

I have done a ton of waterless (or more accurately described as "rinseless") washes a lot; that is how I wash the vehicles in the winter. But I don't use that "frothy" in the video, I use the rinseless wash from "Absolute". I like it the best.

I have tried Optimum No Rinse (commonly referred to as "ONR"), it is probably the most popular one. McKee's makes a good one too. But I like the one from Absolute the best. I feel like it provides the best lubricity.

10. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Man that is such a mind shift for me, rinse-less wash. I mean I'm sure it's good and works well, but I just can't wrap my head around NOT flushing the junk off with tons of water. Maybe I'll have to give it a shot sometime.

side note - is Erion completely done? They have a website but it's basically historical. They don't produce or sell anything anymore?

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Word to the wise...never try to duplicate what @Gorilla George does. :beer:

backcountryme and Gorilla George like this.
  12. It works VERY good, but there is a technique to it. Obviously the most important part when washing the car is to not put swirls/scratches in the paint. Which means when you are washing the car without actually rinsing it off, you have to do it the right way.

The thing to keep in mind is that the rinseless wash product is NOT a detergent. It isn't soap. It emulsifies and encapsulates the dirt from the vehicle, then you wipe it off. You aren't actually scrubbing the car, you are wiping off the emulsified contaminants after the product has done its job.

There is a distinct difference between a "waterless wash" and a "rinseless wash". With the rinseless wash you still use a bucket of water (the product I use is diluted 1oz per 2gal of water), you just don't spray the car with water. Which means you can do a rinseless wash inside the garage during the winter without making a huge mess.

I have thought about making a thread on car washing. Car washing gets randomly discussed in threads often; ive thought about making a thread about it and passing on the way I do it. Not that my way is better than anyone else's, but I do have some tricks that others might find handy.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
    Brian_J and Triple X like this.
  13. Im not quite sure how to take that. :crackup:

But part of me feels one of these might be warranted, so..... :moon:

:D

14. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

I'd love to see this. Been tweaking my washing technique for years to balance "good" and "quick", so I'd love hear what others have to say.

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

With reverence Bro...with reverence. :D

16. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Ammo NYC ... an example that people will watch almost anything, regardless of the level of stupidity. Probably has a lot of viewers that tune into Hoovie.

Thank goodness, for those of us that cannot image the appeal of that channel, we have Cleetus McFarland to keep us entertained with his obviously superior content.

Steeltoe likes this.
  17. backcountryme

You obviously have not found the rug washing videos.

18. backcountryme

I can’t do a rinseless wash on my car. I travel 20 min a day on snowy gravel roads to get to my office. The amount of grime requires copious amounts of water. Ha. My car would probably give you an aneurism if you saw how dirty it gets in a week.

19. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine had one of these Erion CBR600s, and let me take it for a few laps at SMMR. I have never wanted a Honda, but I wanted that one. So light, so fast.

20. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

That's exactly how soap works?

5axis and backcountryme like this.