1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California folks check in

Discussion in 'General' started by ToofPic, Jan 5, 2023.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Any of you folk getting hit with flooding/mudslides,hippies climbing to higher ground?
    Here in Cracklake the lake is starting to fill up.
    Several rock,and mudslides on Lakeshore where I live.Hard times getting to work this am.
    Just wondering how everyone was doing! Stay dry

2. aardvark9

aardvark9 Member

Nothing much to report on from this NorCal town 45 minutes north of SF, other than non-stop medium amounts of rain. I'm just really glad I got out for a 4 hour ride on New Year's Day. The family is starting to go a little stir crazy. It's kind of familiar to how it was when I first moved here way back when. I'll probably spend most of the upcoming weekend working on some bike projects I've been procrastinating on now that family has left.

ToofPic likes this.
  3. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

With the atmospheric river of doom approaching, I fled NorCal the day after Christmas and have been on a SoCal moto safari ever since. Been dodging a bit of rain here and there, got caught in it today. But down in the desert the rain is welcome, shredding wet sand washes on a dirt bike is about as good as it gets!

malamute and ToofPic like this.
  4. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Not too bad here in SLO county. I think the meteorologists over estimated the severity of the system. All the creeks are running good, but no major damage.

ToofPic likes this.
  5. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  6. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Sitting in a hotel on the Bay in San Diego. Went to the zoo today. Drizzled until about 1pm.
    Didn't hear a damn thing last night. A bit wet around the grounds.

So it missed down here. Heading back towards Tuscon tomorrow after a tour of the USS Midway with my son

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
    Pixelator and ToofPic like this.
  7. ToofPic

8. ToofPic

We had a live wire across our street and went w0 power for about 10 hrs.
    The generator pulled the TV and a few more items and the wood stove kept us warm.
    Gonna be a lot of pissed off people when they come to the lake and see everything that's floated off.
    Lake came up quickly, several paddle boats canoes,taking off.Police were called this afternoon for a guy way out in the lake swimming pulling a boat. Not sure if he was saving it, or stealing it?
    Another guy down the street had a dead cow wash up on his beach .
    Not sure where that came from

Once a Wanker.. and 23103a like this.
  9. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Several earthquakes scattered around CA also.

Renewing conjecture of it disappearing...

ToofPic likes this.
  10. ToofPic

We've had 2 nw of us.
    Really shitty feeling getting that alarm on your phone around 0330 am for this x GA boy.
    I just hope I'm not on some big ass bridge when a big one hits!
    What I'm reading is yes, we're up to bat for one

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  11. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

OMG it rained a bit in San Diego, is everyone OK?

12. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

13. ToofPic

14. ToofPic

I know where you can score a dead cow..:dead:

15. ton

ton Arf!

I’m pretty depressed and could use a hug, but I’ll get over it with a long bike ride tomorrow

16. RayRay

RayRay Well-Known Member

Downtown LA finally received a wash down of all the urine, crap, and needles ....so it will smell fresh for about a day or two......now the surfers will need to contend with good waves in shit and needle infested waters....good times!!!! hahahahahaha

Once a Wanker.. and malamute like this.
  17. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

All the drought tolerant landscaping mulch and tree bark(?) will also flow into the ocean.

18. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

Also, all was good in Duarte, where there had been fire. Hoping for the best for the next one forecasted Monday or Tuesday

19. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

NorCal has another storm rolling in tonight, 3-6" of rain predicted.

At this rate, their drought may end.
    If they're not washed away.

20. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

The "drought" will never end in California because there never was one. The majority of the state needs to be reclassified as what it truly is, an arid climate. When we use the word "drought" people starting thinking of it as something temporary that will go away. It won't. If you look at paleoclimate studies for California you will see that the last century 1900-2000 was the wettest in the last 1000 years. That means that all of our infrastructure, population and agriculture is built on an anomaly of rainfall averages. We are just returning to normal. Not a drought at all.

crashman, socalrider, 5axis and 6 others like this.