1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA BBS Fantasy Football 2022

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 11, 2022.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They've been at this for too many years not to have it covered under the rules. I would think that this is going to be treated just like getting knocked out with a concussion in the first quarter. Tough luck. I'm surprised this hasn't happened to me yet.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if it's all automated on what they do. Just seems like they could wait a bit given it's the last game.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

True, I discounted the last-game factor. There is no rush to get it wrapped up before next week.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, on this one the NFL has way more of a time crunch issue than Yahoo does.

I haven't even really looked at the schedule for the real league, playoffs all start the weekend after next don't they? No down time between regular season and playoff games?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's actually yahoo I was thinking of what I said there is no rush. They can wrap up the leagues were games are complete and wait on the others. Of course, there are probably issues I haven't thought of.

I think wildcard games start the week after regular season.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

also depends on league settings. some leagues I think may go into the last week

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

dtalbott likes this.
  8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

"We understand Yahoo Fantasy Football managers are awaiting news regarding the postponed Week 17 matchup between the Cincinnati Bengals and Buffalo Bills. Our main concern is Damar’s health at this time. Our thoughts are with Damar, his family and the Buffalo Bills. Considering these are unprecedented circumstances, we wanted to provide as much clarity as we can while awaiting the NFL’s final decision on the game.

Here’s what you need to know if you are competing in a season-long fantasy league with active playoffs:

1. Week 17 standings will update for now, but scoring updates will be applied once a decision regarding the Bills-Bengals game status is made by the NFL. Waivers will be processed as normal for leagues playing in week 18.
    2. Yahoo will be honoring the official NFL Gamebook for Week 17 by updating the stats and fantasy scores in our game to match the official record.
    3. If official NFL scoring changes impact the result of your Week 17 matchup, we will retroactively adjust Week 18 matchups to reflect the change.
    4. Payouts for Private and Public Prize Leagues will not be processed until a final decision is made by the NFL on the Bills-Bengals game status.
    5. League commissioners have the choice to make manual changes through their commissioner tools but we encourage commissioners to wait until the NFL makes a final decision on the game’s status.
    6. If your league has any active Week 18 playoff matchups, you should set your lineup as usual.

Please bookmark this article to monitor the latest updates or follow @YahooFantasy.

Thank you for choosing our platform for your fantasy experience and we truly appreciate your patience during this time.

-Your friends at Yahoo Fantasy"

BigBird likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

So interesting that depending on what happens with the game, Yahoo with retroactively put in the points and change the standings. Doesn't apply to us, but they will change the week 18 matchups if they do play the game.

So basically it's all in a state of flux for fantasy. But glad they are flexible with it, and trying to do the right thing.

Congrats to @Paige on clinching 3rd though!

dtalbott likes this.
  10. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Hopefully they play it out. Such a wild weekend. It’s been a season that’s for sure

BigBird likes this.
  11. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Hey guys and gal just checking in to let you know that I’m aware of the snafu with the bills game, but it doesn’t seem like there is any impact on our top 3 standings. If there’s no argument I’m gonna go ahead and process payments. If I’m missing something or if there’s a valid reason to wait for Yahoo to make it official please state so. Otherwise, Payments will be going out tomorrow.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

If they do play the Bills game, they will change the scores. Dtall is affected since he has Diggs in his starting lineup.

3rd place is not going to change, but 1 and 2 could.

dtalbott likes this.
  13. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Yep, I’m an idiot. Just saw that.

We’re in a holding pattern I guess

dtalbott and BigBird like this.
  14. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

If they cancel I have a plan for how to handle it, but that plan depends on Darrin admitting I am the champion. :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

16. dtalbott

I had your ass beat. :beer:

ScottyRock155 likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

still up for debate.

you both "played" like garbage. you both may not even have a 100 points...in a final. Here I am with 140+ this week (in 11th place)

18. dtalbott

Agreed.

I'm cool with whatever is decided.

BigBird likes this.
  19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

It's official now, you willing to change this statement?

BigBird likes this.
  20. dtalbott

Nope.