1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Broome and beeb aero pukes!

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jan 3, 2023.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I can appreciate these birds from the ground, thank you. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I've had a few minutes of stick time in a Cobra, but it was cruising along at about 1500 feet, so it felt very much like flying a fixed wing. Got a chance to try and hover an OH-58 (Jet Ranger) and failed miserably. It was like trying to balance a ping pong ball on top of a bowling ball.
    In my younger days I thought it would be cool to be a rotary wing pilot, but I wasn't to keen on all the rules I'd have to follow as an Army pilot. Now it's too expensive to pay for myself, even if I built my own helicopter. I am seriously thinking about building my own plane and getting a fixed wing license though.
    Flying in a Huey nap of the earth with the doors open was a similar sensation of speed that I got roadracing. Probably why I ended up roadracing for so long.
    As you all know, there's something undeniably cool hanging off your bike in a fast corner with your knee skimming the pavement. It's like low level flight :D

4. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

It's so worth it

5. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

about fifteen years ago, I saved up and went through a helicopter flight school, and as soon as I got my private ticket, I bought an R22 and have loved every minute of it! I am also surprised there are not more heli guys here as well. I totally dig my bikes, but I also totally dig owning a heli.

I bet he Astar is awesome!!

Triple X and Steeltoe like this.
  6. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

The Astar is awesome to fly. Fast and comfortable.
    I have as many hours in it aas I do the the 44 training. I think every hour in the Astar sets me back 2 hrs in the 44, b/c its so easy to fly. 3 blades makes a huge difference in stability.
    Its like owning a Porsche GT3 and learning to drive in a Volkswagin Beetle.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's older than dinosaurs in your version of history so it is cheap :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Friend of mine works accounting at the local not-for-profit hospital. He sees the bills for the life flights...

$10K just to fire up the engine.