1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonos users- Tune In Radio app

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jan 3, 2023.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

For those with Sonos systems, if you stream stations through the Tune In app, have you been having issues for the last few months? Any fixes?

Every station that streams through the Tune In app will play for about 5 mins, stop, be quiet for about 10 seconds, then begin again with the Tune In ID chime/vocals, with the station then playing again.

I deleted the app and reinstalled with the updated Tune In app, but the issue continues.

A web search and reaching out to Sonos customer service lead no where.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I don't use Tune In, just Spotify and Sirius, but every once in a while, the connection gets 'wonky' and will play about 5 seconds of a song, and then stop. Usually forgetting the devices, closing out the music apps and reloading everything fixes it. I have had to call Sonos before and have the run a check remotely. I'm surprised they weren't able to help.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

No experience with Sonos.

I use Tune In app on my phone every day to listen to my favorite internet radio station. There are occasional outages, of 'unknown origins' on my end anyway. The owner just performed some 'scheduled maintenance and upgrades' to hardware yesterday. I couldn't play them off and on yesterday, but working fine all day today.

I know the past 3 or 4 years they've had to spend some $$ to update hardware to continue to stream music. Music companies are raping them more also, for 'other' royalties, beyond what they were already paying before. They implemented a new policy of cutting their stream after 'x' period of playing on someone's device, to not pay for stuff no one is listening to. Quick easy restart, if you are.

4. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Sonos is great but you have to keep up with software updates or things will go sideways.