1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone doing the youtube channel thing?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 1, 2023.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Tomato, tomahto. :D

2. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I'm thinking a Brid & Motion investment advice videos :D.

Could get some exotic bikes and travel the world looking for the hottest bikini bike wash spots, plenty of thirsty dudes would watch that.

motion, Phl218, noles19 and 1 other person like this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I believe that the phrase that you were looking for is "pot: kettle" :crackup:

4. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

I seem to remember the news poaching some of your drone footage post landslide. Iirc

motion likes this.
  5. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Ill take your word on that! :moon:

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Just remember ... for every person that you know of that is a "success" at this, there are tens of thousands that are not.

Just because I know how to ride a motorcycle doesn't mean I'll be the next Kenny Roberts. Or Doug Chandler. Or WERA 600SS Novice champ. I'm nowhere near the talent level to be any of the above.

Those that do it well, didn't seek out permission or encouragement. They just did it. Come Hell or high water.

@motion, I wish you luck, but also include some tough love by being realistic. Based upon your history here, it's not the answer you are looking for.

And I see the resident frog still enjoys using the c word. Stay classy!

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I almost went with pathological lying sack of shit stalker but I kept it short.

noles19 and Yzasserina like this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You can absolutely tell who didn't bother to read the thread before dropping their two cents worth (?) of wisdom. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you have discarded a long line of ladies climbing over each other to get to the front and have a shot at marrying you, you'd be here dispensing precious advice too.

10. APO2112

APO2112 Well-Known Member

@motion from the last 3 years of being "serious" with my channel here are some things that I learned:

1) just hit record. Don't stress about the audience or the equipment at first. Hit record, upload and see what happens.
    2) if you have no haters, are you even trying?
    3) it takes a few years of CONSISTENCY to become monetized. I'm not there (yet), but I have goals and a plan in place to reach that goal for 2023.
    4) if you don't like the content, your audience won't either. This means you need to LOVE what your uploading for the purpose of creating content with the proper motivation.
    5) this goes with #4: upload what YOU want, not necessarily what the algorithm says is popular. This will keep your efforts original and genuine.

For the readers of this post: my channel is in my signature and stands for what it is. No regrets or reservations.

Cheers!

11. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Don't turn a hobby into a job unless you are willing to actually make it your job. Putting any obligations on a fun hobby is an easy way to ruin the hobby.

I was never able to pull the trigger with my content to go from side-hustle to full-time. And all the effort required and obligations eventually made it less fun and less rewarding. So of course when other new exciting things in life popped up, it was't a difficult choice to decide to "quit".

12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Aaron's channel is really enjoyable for those who haven't checked it out yet.

KneeDragger_c69 and APO2112 like this.
  13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh I forgot something this morning @motion. Include the food. I recall a photo of some meal you posted up previously and having the distinct recollection: I’d like to join him for that meal. There was nothing particularly fancy about it in terms of Michelin stars, but it looked scrumptious and you described it very well.

motion likes this.
  14. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I live for the building, construction, and repair videos on youtube. They're awesome

Maybe try and go that direction

I picked up followers on YouTube with straight up cellphone work videos and no editing at all

What's your past ? Figure out what you're good at and do it better than the next guy

motion likes this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've followed her for awhile... she is pretty good. Almost too good. She'll do 5 camera angles when filling up with petrol, LOL. She's a bit too granola for me, but I enjoy listening to her honesty and reflections of life.

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

LOL reminds me of when I told Ed Sorbo I would kick his ass on little Ninjas. He shows up with Kenny The Ice Man's Ninja 250 and totally demolished me hahaha.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

All great advice. Thank you.

APO2112 likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Ya I think the food should be a major component. I've had some amazing under $10 dinners here in Vietnam in the past week that I think people would love to see. I'm a Tony Bourdain disciple and it would be great to capture 1% of his magic.

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I'd subscribe to watch your shit.

20. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I'd watch it