1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Beeb knows everything

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Dec 8, 2022.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That's classified.

R1M370, fastfreddie and Sabre699 like this.
  2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

How many donuts will it take to get it unclassified?

pickled egg likes this.
  3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

This reminds me of the old Longines US Army aircraft chronometer my dad found in Japan around 1960 when he was in the Navy. The manufactur date based on the serial number is 1943. Unfortunately the Naval Observatory only certified them and didn't track where they were assigned once they went into service. It's almost identical to a navy deck chronometer.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Must have been before the military industrial complex got organized enough to charge $15 for a $.05 screw.

The Bausch&Lomb binos available on Navy decks were dated 1943(?) but I seriously doubt those were manufacture dates in their case. Maybe it was the year those models were contracted? Good glasses, but...

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

oh come on, that bullshit has been proven to be completely false shit. They pay $2 for the $ .15 screw after all the testing and paperwork.

the remaining $13 goes to black programs.

So, they might appear to pay $15 for a screw, $250 for a hammer or $3000 for a toilet seat out of your pocket, you’re paying for shit like the SR71, phoenix program in the 60s/70s, stingers in the late 80s in Afghanistan and Russian generals heads exploding in the Ukraine in 2022.

gawd damn man, wake up.

969 likes this.
  6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

the flying crowbar was pretty kick ass

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I'm just fine with exploding Russian generals.

Found a doc from Longines. Movement was made in December 42 invoiced to Wittnauer and shipped to the states for Assembly. For the watch Geeks it's like a Hamilton 22 with a 24 hour face.

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

No, that was -28 F. When I left for Calgary on Friday it was -35F at my house.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

LOL, I figured you were using Canuck measurements. You have me beat, the coldest I ever experienced was -31F.

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If you hit -40 it doesn't matter if you are using US or rest of the world temperature measurements.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn you a grumpy fuck some days.

12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

fastfreddie likes this.
  14. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I have been in -50 F one time. It was in no way fun.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So, did we figure out 100% as to what it is?

16. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Correct part identification on post #20 :D