1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mountain Bikes!

Discussion in 'General' started by Trainwreck, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Hold my beer! Oh wait. It'd be tough to beat my race crash...

2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

That looks just like Dovi's!!!

3. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I went and bought a thing for myself for Christmas. Got a fairly good price. I'm skipping the manual peddling phase, and going straight to e-bike, lol Strange thing is, all the paperwork with it says it's a 2021 Tazer MX Expert. But, Intense's own user manuals don't list the DVO suspension that's on it, until 2022 model year. Guess I lucked into an early production model.

Attached Files:

4. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Tazer family! And yours is an ‘MX’, you must have been looking at the standard tazer models. If you have any questions on it I’m a rep for parts unlimited and we sell them to the dealers.

stk0308 likes this.
  5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Sick bike. Intense is pretty involved in the Moto world, which is cool.

stk0308 likes this.
  6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Y’all done any XC racing?

I’ve been missing the snappy, twitchy feel of a road bike lately and wouldn’t mind getting back into the competitive side of cycling. Plus I think the XC bikes are sick.

7. Spooner

Make sure your crank caps were swapped to the aluminum ones included in the box. Its not as big of a deal on the E7000 motors but its still a potential failure. Also I highly recommend setting sag and getting the right spring for the shock. They come with the lightest spring so pretty much everyone needs to bump up a few rates. And since it sounds like you weren't a cyclist before, be easy on the pedals when shifting to an easier gear. There is a lot of torque going through a tiny chain and even a regular mountain bike you can snap chains pretty easy. Also keep a high cadence (how fast you are pedaling). I see a lot of people want to just grind it out and use the motor but you won't get the full power output unless you're spinning your legs fairly fast. Check out the Intense Youtube page-they have a ton of short setup videos specific to the tazer which could be a huge help if you're new to bicycles. Enjoy!

TurboBlew likes this.
  8. stk0308

That moto relation is one of the things that drew my eye. Kinda limits the "dealer" support, though. There's only one shop listed as an Intense dealer in the St Louis area, and their website says nothing of the Intense e-bikes. Ah, well. It's kind of a family tradition. Don't pick normal, lol

9. Spooner

I’m in KC. I don’t cover St Louis but surdyke Yamaha at the lake is a tazer dealer and they are one of my accounts. They can take care of any potential issues and I’m also more than happy to help. What dealer did you buy from?

10. stk0308

Not new to bicycles, just returning. I put many pre-drivers license teen aged miles on a straight barred Schwinn LeTrek built for me back in the 80's.

I've already been through the suspension settings. Unfortunately I do need to upgrade the spring. I am not the ideal bicycling weight, lol

I survived the first ride with a much more experienced friend. He went easy on my, only 12 miles, lol So far, so good. Mostly easy flat trail.

11. stk0308

MC Closeout. And I picked it up fully assembled by them.

12. Spooner

Oh nice! They are one of my shops actually. Hope Jeremy and Rusty took good care of you!

stk0308 likes this.
  13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

If you need support, just go to any bicycle shop. If you have questions specifically for intense, hit up their website for their contact info. They are very responsive and great to work with.
    Same with DVO. Don't screw around with a motorcycle shop for anything parts related to DVO or Intense.
    The DVO guys are super easy to work with. I even had one instance where I needed a question answered and their lead tech called me back on it to talk through settings.

While I don't have one of the tazers, I have two Intense bikes, both with DVO forks and one with a DVO shock.

14. stk0308

Good to know. Thanks!

TurboBlew likes this.
  15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Yes .. not as many XC races up here this past year though. Hopefully more in the coming year. More and more gravel races are popping up though.

There's a Michigan Fat Bike Challenge going on right now in these parts. 8 weeks, there's a Strava segment posted every week. Riders have all week to go and complete the segment. Points awarded based on fastest times, across three classes. Complete all segments and get a Cold Stone cake. It's a hoot, especially riding studded tires on icy trails at some points. :D

Senna likes this.
  16. proprocket28

proprocket28 Well-Known Member

I do a lot of XC riding on a 2020 Specialized Epic HT, and there is a weekly Wednesday night race series here in Knoxville that is pretty fun. I also did the Fonta Flora Barnburner in NC at the end of 2021 that is more of an XC marathon type distance. The geometry on the newer XC bikes seems to help their capability on the descents too!

Senna likes this.
  17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I missed this earlier. I've done quite a bit of XC racing over the past 5-6 years, including some marathon 6 and 25 hour races (the 25 as a 4 man team). I was also helping coach the NICA high school team, just officially ended my term at a few months ago at the end of the season.
    Local intermountain cup series is great for us older peeps in the UT area.
    The NICA races are run far more professionally. But it's all fun.

Senna likes this.
  19. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Ok, real Beeb question here, for you all following this thread. I already posted the same thing in @motion's 'E-Bikes. Are they murderous?' thread.

Ive been discussing the pros and cons of an e-pedal assist mountain bike for a few months, and am following @motion's thread closely as well. I will likely be buying one soon, and would like to get more information from those of you who can offer it up, as @brex and others already have, here.
    Should I start a new 'E-Mountain Bike' thread? @Trainwreck started this one 2 1/2 years ago when most all mountain bikes were exclusively human bean' powered. I was wondering if I was 'hijacking' it months ago, when discussing e-bikes. I'll continue on this thread, if you all suggest that I do, as I have already learned a lot here.

So, Yeay, or Ney, on a new thread?

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

If you're talking real class 1 e-mtbs, then keeping it in the MTB talk is cool.
    But if you want a new thread, go for it.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.