1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charities ...

Discussion in 'General' started by SundaySocial, Dec 22, 2022.

1. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Don't even mention your race team :cool::D!

"Blind Stokers Club" is a group that rides tandems with blind people filling the stoker seat.
    Some interesting people (and pretty cool) IMO.

Lot's of folks here supporting rescues, so I am sure many donate to recues and shelters.

What else you got that is socially interesting, as well as deserving ?
    Especially the ones that are "personal" to you.

Wishing all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Shenanigans likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Rrw air fence fund.

Morgan’s message. https://www.morgansmessage.org/
    I know these people, see them daily and I’m full in.

one love org. https://www.joinonelove.org/

my local high school sports program, the local youth sports orgs (I’m on the board and pitch in $$$ with two and advise for a third). . . Think global, contribute local.

and yeah, hippy Joe convinced me to continue support for amnesty international but . . . Fuck peta, they kill pets.

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

It’s 4 degrees out.

The first mother lover that has a sign he needs money for a Xmas handy J and beer, he’s getting my money.

Best charity ever

4. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

https://www.tbexusa.org

These guys are legit, I have seen them in action and made some major contributions. They can use any help, cash, old equipment, bikes, SV parts, Sv bikes......

Monsterdood likes this.
  5. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

There was a paraplegic at a track day @ Miller Motorsport Park before a WERA event, with stabilizing arms (landing wheels?) that retracted upwards to the rear of the bike.
    I appreciated his enthusiasm, as well as his tenacity.

6. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Senior dogs are the best; they have so much love to give. Our shelter is getting full, and funds are tight.
    If any of you feel like donating, I’d be so grateful for your generosity.
    https://secondchanceranchstl.org/

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

FYI.....if you go to smile.amazon.com (it's still amazon, you just add smile to beginning of the URL) every time you buy it donates a percentage of your purchases towards the charity of your choice.

iagsxr likes this.
  8. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

Donation sent via Paypal, thanks for all that you do for the critters. Merry Christmas!

sharkattack likes this.
  9. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Thanks so much, Kyle! I sincerely appreciate it! Merry Christmas to you as well.

10. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

So I just did this and designated my local animal rescue as the charity. Do you know how often the charity receives the money? Like monthly or annually, I couldn't find that information. Just curious.

I also donate to my local food bank. People gotta eat.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Found this on the site in an FAQ section...

Receive Donations
    How does my charity receive the donations?

Each quarter, the AmazonSmile Foundation makes donations to eligible charitable organizations by electronic funds transfer. Donations will be transferred approximately 45 days after the end of each calendar quarter. To account for product returns, a portion of the quarterly donations will be withheld until the next donation cycle, subject to any reduction due to returns from prior quarters. See the AmazonSmile Participation Agreement for more details.

iagsxr likes this.
  12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

RRW Action Fund
    Karen Hornbecker Rider Relief Fund
    Furball Farm

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And cash is way better than expired can goods they have to pay to dispose of.

iagsxr likes this.
  14. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I donate to this Org. fairly regular.
    They have taught so many kids to play it's amazing.
    I know they are on a very tight budget, so if yall can spare anytinh it would go a looong way.

https://highvoltagemusic.org/

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

These are the ones that get big dollars, but I also give to some other good organizations.
    Local: ALIVE - Alexandria. Food distribution. Housewares and used furniture that are picked up and taken to someone that needs it vs. sold for pennies on the dollar. I do some volunteer work at the food distributions as well.
    Global: UMCOR

backbone likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Amazon smile ending

upload_2023-1-18_20-45-15.png

17. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  18. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I don't know how many charities Amazon Smile had in their list to select from but it was a lot. I can see where they might feel like with everyone choosing different charities the amount they were able to donate to any one single cause through the program was pretty minimal. The charity I chose is one I also volunteer for as a tech resource so I know how much they end up getting and I can vouch that it isn't much. Hell the donations I send to them are more than they get each quarter from Amazon.

Perhaps they can find a way to do something more effective with their charitable efforts.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I liked being able to choose. I chose the Air Fence Fund. If they make the choices for me, I will not be as supportive.

Banditracer likes this.
  20. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I agree, it's the reason I started using Smile. But it doesn't cost any more to buy through Smile than their conventional website. So the money was coming from them, not from those of us who chose to participate. It's certainly up to them if they want to do something philanthropic with some of the revenue they generate. If they choose to concentrate the funds on a worthy recipient they probably feel like they can probably make a bigger impact in whatever area they're supporting. That's my take anyway.

BigBird likes this.