1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip, Ill check it out!

Saw this the other day and enjoyed it....his almost 4hr interview with DJ Shippley is fucking incredible....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LsICTtwwEno&list=PLZR7U5wdcF6WUNOhoOk9M-YRZkw88b2Ul&index=48

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  2. motorkas

You nailed it....its like a 1911 - totally obsolete compared to modern offerings but if youre one of the afflicted....there's just something about them....it's my second one....sold the first to a friend and bought a Ducati....less than a two years later went to get it back from him and he wouldnt sell it so had to buy another one....:D

Triple X likes this.
  3. motorkas

Cant lie, I can definitely see that happening (literal target fixation)....but I also keep in mind alot of "standardized" policies are set up to the lowest common denominator....I agree with you that its a good idea to vary up the routine and keep the brain engaged, also agree with GG Im not shooting a light switch if somebody is coming in the house....:D

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. I’ve got it!!!!

I will take a bunch of post-it notes and write “BAD GUY” on them, then stick them all over the house for my dry fire training.

That way my brain is trained to automatically shoot the bad guy. :D

Saiyan66 likes this.
  5. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Jackass!

6. :crackup:

7. I can see it now…

I’m standing in line at the bank with a bunch of other customers. A guy at the front of the line pulls a gun out, turns towards all of us, and tells everyone to get on their knees.

Then he turns back to the Teller, points the gun at her, and demands all the cash.

Since we are all behind him and he is facing forward, I slowly reach back and pull my gun out. The other customers see me with my gun and start thinking “Oh thank god”.

….then I quickly spin around and start shooting all the light sockets. :crackup: :crackup:

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Training ya know.

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yup. Default to your training. :crackup:

Hey, GG. Maybe write "good guy" on some of those post-its and pay no heed as to whether it's "good" or "bad" when you randomly place them. You will have added the element of positive identification to a body before you perforate it. :D

10. Ah good call. :D

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

@Gorilla George you may want to wrap your hand around one of these.

upload_2022-12-22_21-33-39.png

That grip on this DH3 is unreal.

wsmc42 likes this.
  12. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

My Kimber has been fantastic.
    Was my first pistol purchase after I got out of the Army.
    I was way more a fan of rifles.
    Now I have more pistols than rifles.
    My favorite alternates between my Kimber and my VP9.
    Like someone else said it usually goes back to the VP9 after I have to take apart my Kimber to clean and oil it. LOL

Kimbers need break in though.
    My manual said 500 rounds.
    Mine has been 100% even during break in though.

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Phl218 likes this.
  14. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

I was jsut gifted what I believe is a ZEV compact grip. I had never heard of them. Has anyone here had any interaction with one of the pistols or company?

15. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

From what I can tell they are a Glock copy. I’ve had them come through my shop. Last couple the customers are regulars so I asked about them. Was told they are not as fool proof as Glock but they have bought a few so they must be pretty good.

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I had a Zev Fulcrum trigger on my G34. Worked well, but there's only so much you can do with a Glock trigger mechanism.

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

ZEV is a "performance shop" for Glock.
    I'm sure you can get a lot of feedback (and noise) on one of the Glock forums.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Supposedly they make good barrels. Whether or not they're better than Bar Sto I don't know.