1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP 32

Discussion in 'General' started by StaccatoFan, Dec 21, 2022.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Died suddenly...

3. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

The 70's era Steelers were filled with childhood heroes.
    RIP Franco

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Isn’t that the truth. :(

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That sucks. My second grade teacher was married to Him. She took us on a field trip to the stadium to meet him.

RS250Ape likes this.
  6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

He was much more than just a football player. Just a great human being. I met him once. I worked at a dept store, he was there to Rep something. I was helping setup where he would be. He took the time to stop and talk to us and thank us for doing what we were doing. Autographs, pictures, etc. Sad day. RIP

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

RIP Mr. Harris and thank you for the memories.

8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Man, watching that clip reminds me of what football used to be. Now we have to wait 2 min after every clutch play to see what the refs are going to decide, and who they want to win. Sucks.

tl1098 and MELK-MAN like this.
  9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Rip. Great guy.

10. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Phew. I thought this was going to be about Eric Bostrom.

stk0308 likes this.
  11. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I had the same moment. Sorry to hear Franco died, but glad we haven't lost Eric.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Did we get a deathbed admission that the ball bounced off the ground?

13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well it didn’t so no need.

14. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Great player,better person RIP Franco.

15. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Truly a sad day here in Pittsburgh. Franco Harris was a great football player, but even better member of the community. Lucky to have met him a few times, the best when he sat next to me on a flight. Had a great conversation with him (only 10% football).

JBall, tl1098 and Yzasserina like this.
  16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I went to PSU when he was playing. He used to sit on the steps outside West Halls. He would just sit there as the kids passed by and rarely spoke...I kinda figured he was a stereotypical football player, you know, not very bright. Later, when he was a pro, he did a commercial for Hertz. He was jumping through the airport, hurtling baggage and such, and had a speaking part. I figured they sent him to Berlitz to learn how. Forgive me baby Jesus.
    It was the early 70's...everyone was whacked out....Him and Lydell Mitchell where the best 2 running backs I ever saw play college ball.

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I don't remember Hertz doing a commercial like that with Franco, I only remember the one with OJ.

18. Sabre699

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I’m not really sure why a person would want to clutter up a thread about a good person passing with that mess, but you do you, I guess.

20. Sabre699

To clarify the ad.