1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's 0145 hrs ...

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Dec 21, 2022.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

... and an owl has perched somewhere near the front of my home.

Listening to it hoot is very enjoyable.

I pity people who live in the middle of a big city and never get exposed to the cool aspects of nature.

It will be near single digits (degrees F) here in about 48 hours. I hope it can find a place to stay warm.

Waterboy, SGVRider and Jedb like this.
  2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

We have one in our yard too, I usually hear it between 4-5am. I've heard it for years but have never actually seen it.

3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Man this getting older shit is for the birds it’s 4:45 and I’m UP UP

SGVRider likes this.
  4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

And you're just a young pup, cheer up, it gets worse. :D

5. See if you can pet him.

6. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

ChemGuy likes this.
  7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Moved out of the city earlier this year and now open my blinds to deer behind my house almost every morning. There is also an owl that hangs out in the woods and the number of prey birds in general here is awesome.

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Let's not ignore the roaring silence, either.

YamahaRick likes this.
  9. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

You don’t have much owl experience do you . Tricky birds that pretty much only let you see them if they want to or you get real lucky. Freakishly silent when they fly. I have had them fly out of my barn within a couple feet of me in the pitch dark, makes the neck hairs snap to attention!

10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I live in a pretty wooded area of Atlanta ITP. Owls are all over the place. Deer are everywhere. Coyote sightings aren't rare. Owls are cool. Except when they are perched outside your window at 1:45AM. Or perched on your deck rail waiting for your cats to go outside.

SGVRider likes this.
  11. Nope. Not even sure if I’ve ever seen one in real life.

Which means they probably don’t even exist. :crackup:

Sabre699 and rd400racer like this.
  12. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I live in the city and have the same experiences daily. Had six deer in the road in front of my house the other night when I came home. That was almost messy. I have a dozen hawks that nest in my trees, a couple of owls in either side.

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

You're doing it wrong... I have no problems sleeping until 10

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, it's funny that people think cities don't have wildlife. Just because you can't hunt them hunt them doesn't mean they're not around.

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm happier living with only one type of wildlife outside my window. I'll stay in the sticks...thanks.

16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I had a barred owl fly up unto a branch about 8' away in front of me one morning when I went out early to sit in my tree stand. I couldn't see shit, pitch black, I just heard it come in. Scared the shit out of me. Wasn't until the sun started coming up a bit later that I could see it, then it took off. It never made a sound, just looked at me trying to figure out what the hell I was doing out there sitting in a tree lol. I ask myself the same question man......

17. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Even crazier - it is legal for me to bow hunt deer in my back yard inside city limits. I actually had a neighbor ask if he could put up a tree stand at the back property line of my lots. I did not give him permission. Didn't want to explain that to my son.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Tell the kid it's an open treehouse and tax the neighbor on the meat. :D

Gorilla George and tl1098 like this.
  19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Owls apparently are very, very dumb despite the "wise as an owl" moniker.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

been waking up at 4am almost daily. Shits annoying because my lady gets pissed when I start making a bunch of noise lol. Our loft is concrete so you hear everything