1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by koth442, Jul 30, 2022.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Andrea Dosoli.

2. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Thanks

3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I still don't think he punted the BMWs. He was under control and had the line. Looked to me like they thought they could bully the new guy into conceding the line and he told em to fuck off.

After the Toprak incident (which I think Yamaha was well within their rights to get on him about) he proceeded to give up any contested lines (especially at the starts) like those two BMWs initially thought they could make him do.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    henry_carlson likes this.
  4. lopitt85

He had a few incidents that were big No No's, IMO, Toprak & Rinaldi for example. But the rest were no worse than what happens every weekend. Some of the passes by Rea and Toprak would absolutely result in contact (and often do anyways) if people didn't just concede the line.

Remember Gerloff's first weekend or so when some asshat took him out on the warm up lap, gave him a concussion, and made him miss the races. I do. I dont remember the same amount of outcry for that dude. There is contact at every race, and lots of guys reminisce about the old bar banging days with admiration. I don't see how Gerloff was any different.

5. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Sort of seems he needs some help in rebuilding his confidence to get back to that mentality. Support in the pit box? Or?

6. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Before Assen, GG looked like he was going to win at any time. Sooner then later. After, zero agression. Drop back at the start. Save tires and pickup points. So sad. But even worse, for the longest time he looked absolutely miserable. Frightened. I hope BMW works with him to bring the real GG back. Hope he talks to a sports shrink or something.

koth442 likes this.
  7. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

"HRC" or Honda UK/Europe? I've seen HRC stickers on lots of stuff that really seems to be supported only at a national, or regional level. Either way, big ask for the CBR to be competitive with the R6 at that level. What with all the development in the Yamaha. And the stagnation that is the CBR.

He mentions the regular path being BSB to WSB. But, Cal Crutchlow went the BSB to WSS route, and seemed to do alright.

henry_carlson likes this.
  9. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

12. lopitt85

13. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

That new CBR600RR looks badder than fuck TBH.. ride by wire, rumored to have more power, some chassis tweaks etc.. I wish they'd sell them in the US.. We are just getting the old gen badged as a 23.

Seiko likes this.
  14. koth442

Any news how GG did on the Bimmer? Times, etc?

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

According to the MA site since Honda rented the track they wanted no times released plus GG still under Yam. contract they wanted no times released. Plus I guess it rained buckets for 2.5 days.

16. koth442

Awww. Man, I was hoping for some great details. I guess that's why I haven't seen anything.

17. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

18. koth442

I'd either completely forgot or didn't know that GG wild carded in 2019 at Mangy Cours (I know I misspelled it)

Thank you for the reminder to watch BTW. I'd been meaning to watch since it came out. Pretty good.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
  19. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Didnt see this posted yet.
    But Granado who has been currently racing MotoE and Spanish SBK is moving up to WSBK.
    I dont think the team is that competitive, but maybe things are changing this year, adding the 600s too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmM4WIHjTjc/

koth442 and henry_carlson like this.
  20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out