1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Endurance

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by regularguy, Nov 5, 2022.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

nods.jpg

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Lights are easy these days with LEDs. Used to be way worse trying to figure out power for HID's are lots of Halogens or whatever.

R/T Performance likes this.
  3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Old school :)

Attached Files:

t11ravis and jocko like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

For the east coast folks the outside ones aiming across instead of out works better. The ones in the pic would be fine at Willow :D

5. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

I’ll bite. Are you serious and why? I’ve never night raced but assume lateral lighting is as important if not more than straight forward.

6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Willow is a fast track with mostly wider sweeping turns. The lights can be mostly pointing forward and focused farther down the track. The "eastern" tracks usually have tighter layouts with sharper corners. With the bike leaned over you have a light that is on the outside of the turn pointing across the front of the bike. When leaned over that light ends up looking through the corner. A light on the inside of the bike in the turn just points into the ground.

I ran the last WERA night race at Nelson Ledges with Dan Schmitt and Speedy Pete Smakula on the Team Chicago bike. One of the wildest things I've ever done. That place is DARK at night, and the bugs didn't help. I don't think my vision is good enough for night racing any more, but those were good times. The real secret was to find someone that was about the same speed as you, and just follow them and steal their light.

Michael Hausknecht likes this.
  7. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Quads look cool for social media, but way too heavy and bulky for most, and they've been shelved for better options. But, if we can adapt them to a motorcycle helmet...maybe :crackup:

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I started out with PVS5, made it up to PVS7 when I got out, and used PVS14 as a contractor 14 years ago. I can only imagine what they have now..

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

And here I thought you started with candle light:crackup:

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Shut up jerky...

noles19 likes this.
  11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Has there been any further movement or decision on the Pittsburgh round? Is it a 6/8/hour? Day, night? Would be great to get further info so I know what we need to include in the budget.

Thanks

12. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I assume there is going to be a Thursday race practice day before the Road A endurance round run by WERA. Any chance some of the practice groups can be combined so we can get some more track time considering novices and experts will be on the track at the same time during the endurance.

Group 1 – 600cc Novice/Expert
    Group 2- 1000cc Novice/Expert
    Group 3 – LW/Ultra LW Novice/Expert

13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

14. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

It is not listed on their schedule.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're lateral but you get a better angle through the corner from the light being from the higher lamp than the lower lamp. Personally I'd do the same at Willow too but it's open enough there is less need for it.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Trust me, as soon as there is news it will be posted. We know people need to make plans and we want to get people talking as well so delays don't help anyone. Still working out details and there was this whole holiday thing that happened where some of us took some needed down time with family and such.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We aren't running a practice day Thursday, I am very sure N2 will have a normal pre endurance track day. As for combining, we do that when the numbers are low enough to keep it safe and get people good track time. Also as weird as it seems endurance teams aren't the only ones practicing :D

18. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I guess the rumor is that N2 is trying to get a thursday track day but nothing is in stone yet.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Again, I am very sure they will get it....

20. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Are there any rule changes for the 2023 season?