1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

Fuck ATF and their, move the goal post, arbitrary rules. Here's an idea, get off your lazy pussy asses and go after the gangs and cartels and quit fucking with the law abiding citizens.
    ATF ( After The Fact) meaning they sit back and wait for some local or state agency to make a case then they adopt it and prosecute at the Fed level after all the leg work has been done. Fucking hero's!

Rant off!

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I did it this way. Been nothing but reliable so far, granted it’s only had a few hundred rounds run https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ak-104-side-folding-barrel-assembly-furniture-ready.html?qty=1

3. britx303

Oh, and kept it as a pistol w/out a brace ;)

4. britx303

Yep. 100%

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

They can kiss my ass. Something, something, cold dead hands...

Gorilla George and britx303 like this.
  6. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

My draco is fun to shoot but it’s mostly just a play gun. No real purpose but again very fun.
    As for the ATF and braced pistols they feel they screwed up and really don’t know how to fix it. They were supposed to have made a ruling by now and it keeps getting pushed. I really wouldn’t speculate or be concerned until the ink is dry but considering the future is unsure it’s something to think about before buying a braced pistol. One possibility is what’s out there could be grandfathered in. Its happened before and In that case buying a truck load now would be the thing to do! But again who knows

7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

yeah if anything I could use a bolt action for the kiddo. I also want a Henry color case hardened 3030 but those haven't been in stock for at least a year

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

So very cool thing about Henry. They used to let you pick the serial number for you gun. I bought my dad a .22 Henry and made the serial # his name and date of birth. Made a cool present which I now have. When he is gone it will be very special to me.

9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

that’s bad ass I need to call them and see how to do that

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

That is really cool especially for a gift.
    Instant heirloom!
    I want pictures

11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

13. tony 340 likes this.
  14. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

A bill to ban the manufacture, possession, purchase, and sale of assault weapons; to provide certain powers and duties for certain state and local officials and agencies; to provide for the promulgation of rules; and to provide penalties. THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN ENACT: 1 Sec. 1. As used in this act, "assault weapon" means a 2 semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable 3 magazine and has 1 or more of the following characteristics: 4 (i) A pistol grip or thumbhole stock. 5 (ii) Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip 6 that can be held by the nontrigger hand. December 01, 2022, Introduced by Rep. Pepper and referred to the Committee on Military, Veterans and Homeland Security. 2 KHS Final Page H06384'22 1 (iii) A folding or telescoping stock. 2 (iv) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely 3 encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the 4 firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but 5 excluding a slide that encloses the barrel. 6 Sec. 2. (1) Except as otherwise provided in this section, 7 beginning January 1, 2024, a person shall not manufacture, possess, 8 purchase, or sell an assault weapon in this state. 9 (2) A person may continue to possess an assault weapon that 10 the person legally possessed before the effective date of this act 11 if both of the following apply: 12 (a) The person registers the assault weapon with the 13 department of state police in compliance with rules adopted for 14 that purpose by the department of state police. 15 (b) The person renews the registration of the assault weapon 16 every 5 years. 17 (3) A person who violates subsection (1) is guilty of a felony 18 punishable by imprisonment for not more than 5 years. 19 Sec. 3. The department of state police shall promulgate rules 20 pursuant to the administrative procedures act of 1969, 1969 PA 306, 21 MCL 24.201 to 24.328, to implement this act

15. Holy fucking shit.

I didn’t examine the words closely, but (assuming I didn’t misread it) for all intents and purposes they are banning everything but handguns.

Where do these motherfuckers get off trying to control people like that?

Do they actually expect every person who owns a gun will constantly look for and be aware of the changing laws all the time? As soon as that becomes effective there will probably be millions of felons living in Michigan, they just won’t know it.

16. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Open the pdf next time.:Poke:

Once you realize Michigan has the same party in the house, Senate, and governors seat you'll realize they can pass whatever communist level shit they dream up.

The real irony here is that 90% + of gun deaths are from pistols....why you'd be focused on rifles is absurd.

These are power hungry lunatics.

And you are right about felons. Ther3s going to be 80 year old grandfathers that are felons if this passes. Worst part is they wont even know it. Ruby Ridge anyone ?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The party that wants to remove the second amendment and all your gun rights hate the semiautomatic rifles for one reason. The same reason that party has hated people from day one. The color.

18. I didn’t see a pdf. I reckon I missed it.

But yeah it’s bullshit. People should be ashamed for voting these assclowns in office.

19. Sig has that thing where you can build your own custom P320. I went and did it and in the end, I ended up with the X-FIVE Legion except with a threaded barrel.

Can you buy just threaded barrels from Sig? It would be easier to just do that.

Edit nevermind I found it. I can get a threaded barrel for my X5L for $230.

20. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

That's pretty much the same laws we have been dealing with here in Cali for the last 15+ years. Everyone else is just catching up.