1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA 2023 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 29, 2022.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My guess: With that bike and their data from this year, I think he'll do very well.

henry_carlson, younglion and koth442 like this.
  3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I dont know how I feel about this.
    I dont think Josh will do any better than Petrucci or even Baz.

I would guess he will finish 5th or lower on the championship (behind attack, Schultz, and Cam B.). I worry a bad season will take Warhorse out of the series for 2024.

Fores is fast! Would rather see him on a V4 on SBK rather than the SS championship (which seems to be slowly dying).

Triple X, koth442, TLR67 and 3 others like this.
  4. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

Agreed, Fores is fast on Euro tracks. 2022 data will help, for sure. As well as having Herrin in the box to coach.

I wonder if maybe Ducati dangled the carrot of a deal in SuperSport to learn the tracks and tires in 2023 and then a slide into a factory supported step up to the V4 in 2024? At Xavi's age I wonder if the carrot of a US championship would be a good way to go out after 2-3 years.

-T

5. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I think absolutely he can/will do well. You have to be a fast mofo to get a few podiums in WSBK.

henry_carlson and Badger911GT3 like this.
  6. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

I bet they realize that the tires aren't going to work very well on their bike, and figure that Herrin is their best chance of being able to adapt.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

If the guys in Italy throw some new parts at the bike and if the new slicks from Buffalo gel with those changes he may do OK.

Once a Wanker.. and 5axis like this.
  8. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Richard S. will have a stroke if herrin beats gagne.

the new front being more like the pirelli allowing later harder braking may shake things up a bit this year. At least I can hope.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Good thing for him that aint gonna happen then.

rafa likes this.
  10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Is Hayes going to do any wildcard races and beat him there too?

11. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Squid hunter R1??

KneeDragger_c69 and rafa like this.
  12. khill

khill Well-Known Member

I think it is fantastic the team is back and bringing in Fores, awesome!

Fores will haul ass, Herrin....will be Herrin.

13. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I wish Fores was riding superbike.

IL8APEX, Nathey, jksoft and 1 other person like this.
  14. lopitt85

Man, no love for for Herrin in here? The guy loves what he does, is passionate about it, and is character that'll answer questions with his honest thoughts. That is a breath of fresh air!

R1Racer99 and JBall like this.
  15. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

If M4 and Ty Scott can have a complete year without injury or mechanicals I see him as the only consistent threat to Fores other than Rocco - assuming both those kids run it back in SS next year. Maybe Lochoff if he's fully healed and stays on this year.

@khill - LOVED your eye roll on the youtube video with Mr "I say Dude 81 times a minute" when Herrin's name was mentioned as possibly someone you might wanna work with in the future. Also enjoyed the rest - great insight - I had no idea you were now relocated up in the PNW.

Nathey and kirk erlinger like this.
  16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Breath of fresh air?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  17. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Producto de Peru

18. Gino230

Wait- what? :Poke:

19. Gino230

Supposedly a new front tire size from Big D this year. No idea yet on how it will affect geometry / handling.

20. lopitt85

Yeah. In this current world of PC answers on all topics I like knowing that the guy seems to be a straight shooter, whether you like what he says or not.

MyWayGuy likes this.