1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prague....any input

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Dec 8, 2022.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I have to go to Nuremberg in March for work. As I would be flying over the weekend to arrive in Nuremberg on a Sunday I figured maybe I would fly into somewhere else and spend a friday/saturday hanging out and then talking a train to Nuremberg.

I think I can make the flights work within budget sooo...whats to do in Prague for a day or 2? Besides hookers and blow.

If any of you degenerates are at the European Coatings show hit a brother up.

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Well good news: they don't speak French there...

How your Czech?.... :D

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Prague is kick ass but you’re a little old for it. :D
    Nuremberg is okay and you can find plenty to do there if you want.

where you flying into to? Direct flight? Going into Nuremberg Or Munich?
    Show at Messe Nürnberg?

4. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

I'd fly into Frankfurt and spend the weekend in Heidelberg.

Yzasserina and mattys281-2 like this.
  5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

One of the most famous beer halls on the planet: U Fleků
    They only serve one beer, which is made in-house and only available there, a Czech dark lager. It is somewhat lush and sweet, but absolutely fantastic.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  6. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Do not arrive on the last train to town after midnight to visit a friend who got so drunk/high that he turned his phone off and left you with a pocket full of francs and no hotel reservation. Be happy that the hookers want nothing to do with you, but be aware that the cops don't either. When you finally agree to let the carnival barker/hustler that greeted you on the platform take you to a "wery nice hotel," which turns out to be at least 15 min in a car that may or may not be a cab (nd that may or may not have a body in the trunk), hand over all your cash so that they know there is nothing left to take, barricade the door with every piece of furniture in the room, and try to fall asleep with your blade under your pillow.

Oh, and there's a bridge and Budweiser.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Frankfurt airport is a shithole but a bit easier than Munich. Lol!

Phl218 likes this.
  8. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Make sure to look UP! That's where a lot of the beauty is in the buildings and architecture.

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

ChemGuy likes this.
  10. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

cpettit likes this.
  11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Bitches is foine

that’s all I got

Steeltoe and ChemGuy like this.
  12. ChemGuy

Shit man...Im young at heart though. Plus with the time change I'll be ready for bed about 5pm..

Looks like Delta metal thru AMS both ways. No direct flights on DL to either Prague or NUE.

13. ChemGuy

I already know how to run a printing press. :D

They dont have anything else there do they?

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

Nürnberg is cool. Plenty to do, see, eat, drink there. Old 3rd reich buildings , more from before, beers galore, great food, stroll through the old town… save the hassle of trippin over to prague.

ChemGuy likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, you land and if you’re smart, you push through the jet lag without a nap and you’ll be out by 8 pm DE time day one. Day two you’ll be catching up.

you’re not going to be up and wanting to go the disco dancing. :D

I’d do the hop direct in, hang in Nuremberg and just do the places near the hotel area.

prague, you need more time. Hawties, pils and insane food.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

And Gawd, I really hate AMS. The airport, the city, the smell, the junkies.

17. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

I got a nipple bit off there and still enjoyed Prague. Good beer good music, lots to do. Just be careful of the horses that pull the carriages.

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Prague - Czech Beer is the best in the world, imho.
    Lots of fabulous history from the Ancient Old Jewish Cemetary to a Castle / Cathedral, to the Czechs throwing the Soviets and Communism out.
    As always, seek out the restaurants even just a block off the main tourist attractions. The food is better and cheaper.

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:eek:

20. ChemGuy

Damn. Are you related to Ron White?