1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home improvement projects!

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Dec 3, 2022.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Call Mark Rober.

2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

leave a few dead bodies laying around. They’ll get the hint

3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

wow!!!

bet the all the neighbors with the shitty homogenous homes think you’re a bunch of dicks lol.

by the way, I don’t see a Gatling gun at the top of the tower:flag:

Banditracer likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

they ate through my roof a few years ago...fun times which I just ended up replacing the entire roof.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Need to show my wife this- she whined when I sniped one of them with my break barrel .22

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

nice! i like boxy and squary. and grey.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

countertops are in

upload_2022-12-7_16-43-3.png

sink is plumbed, this weekend i will cut the hole in the wall for the external venting range hood, put up the concrete boards and tile the whole wall by the window.

too bad i cut my left thumb today, was to lazy to get cutters for a zip tie and slipped, trying to avoid wires.

upload_2022-12-7_16-47-28.png

put some super glue on it now.. hope that will work

BigBird and YamahaRick like this.
  8. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Not wanting to be that guy and you may be joking but some 2x’s, couple sheets of MDF, caster wheels and a framing gun will have you that bench in 30 min. Don’t waste pocket screws on that.

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

This looks fab! Can’t wait to see the end.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

BAN Smith & Wesson assault knives!

Phl218 likes this.
  11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Kitchen looks good, but I'm not seeing the cut.

:Poke:

12. apriliastallion

apriliastallion Well-Known Member

We have a lot of retired people that live around us. We were a little worried. But honestly they were very excepting and interested. I think they were happy to see people our age putting in the work.
    Now the Gatlin gun maybe a next spring project. Though I'm more of a one shot one kill type of guy:flag:

BigBird likes this.
  13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Me too bud. I was kidding, mostly. I've just had a bear of a client for the last 18 months. Working at Wendy's is becoming increasingly more appealing.

14. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Why do they always ending being that kind of client on the longest lasting projects?

15. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

because they never had their ducks in a row when they started their project…and I truly believe there are only a few variations to this type of client story…

16. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

My last project was the deck railing. After replacing all of the wooden deck planks in 2021 with Trex composite decking, and it turned out so well, 2022 was the time to replace the rotting/warped wooden deck railing with the Trex composite railing. The picture of the rotten/warped wooden railing doesn't do justice as to how bad it was. The bottom boards were bad enough that some of the aluminum spindles were falling out because of the rotting and sag of the bottom boards.

So we bought the Trex railing along with Trex post cover sleeves, crowns, and bases and this was the result....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Because that kind of client always makes the project go on longer than planned.

18. Tristan

The railing and deck are nice, but that hedge!

19. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

LOL.....that's some trimming in the burn pile, waiting to dry out enough to burn it. But I agree with you, that would be a horrible looking hedge......if it were one. Unless of course you are talking about the row of Leyland Cypress monster shrubs right behind the burn pile. Unfortunately, I have zero control over those.....they're my neighbor's privacy barrier.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  20. Tristan

Perfect neighbor