1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought a new truck

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Nothing like all you ballers on here buy but I'm poor. Broome probably doesn't know they even made trucks back then. :D

02 Chevy 2500 with a 6.0 Vortec in it, 4wd ext. cab with a 6.5 ft. bed. Only 68,000 mi. Was inherited when the guy's FIL died, he started working on it then decided he didn't need a second truck. Has new cab corners and rockers, new tailgate and rear bumper. Box has some rust, I'll either fix it or take it off and build a flat rack for it.
    Crank windows and the 4wd is a lever on the floor, less electronics the better. :)
    Spotted it on FB marketplace Monday night, jumped on it, the guy's phone was blowing up for it, knew it wouldn't last long. Gave $8000 for it, figure I can't lose, if for some reason I don't keep it I can resell it easily and get my money back. But I don't plan on getting rid of it.

No pics yet, going to try to get it home today. It's about 10 miles away and I can take all back roads to get here so that's the plan. Probably won't put it on the road till spring, keep it out of the salt.

R1M370, BigBird, Wingnut and 5 others like this.
  2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

A real truck! I've owned a '95 K2500 since new. Always a plow truck and used on the farm...ie a no BS truck. Other than rust it's as good as new.....:rolleyes:

3. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Check brake lines in front of the Abs module under drivers seat if its in the rust belt.

vfrket likes this.
  4. Banditracer

Brake lines have been done. Went thru that with my 04 right after I bought it.

5. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

I think you will like your truck. I have one that is almost identical, except 2019 model. 6.0 pulls anything I put behind it. Gets good mileage on regular gas.

6. Banditracer

Well got it home and not in jail. :crackup:

It's got some brake / signal light issues on the rear according to my helper who followed me home. Sure I'll find some more as I work thru it.

Yzasserina likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Broome was conceived in the back of an old Pickup truck.

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. WTF? :crackup:

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have a 50/50 chance of that being correct.:beer:

BigBird likes this.
  10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I recently got a new to me 1992 GMC K1500 with 222k miles. I bought in Oregon and drove it 2300 miles back home. It has zero rust and will be a great project. I only paid $1700 and had a fun drive home to WI staying off the freeway and seeing some sights.
    upload_2022-12-7_15-52-4.png

Phl218, Motofun352, ducnut and 4 others like this.
  11. I was conceived in southern Mississippi, I’d say your odds are a damn good bit higher than that. :D

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

WTF! How did we not know this.

I dub thee Gorilla Gump!

Life is like a box of uppercuts...you never know where dey gonna land.

13. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I have a 99 with a 6.0.

A few years ago I installed a CAI, long-tube headers, exhaust, and had it tuned. Really woke the truck up.

The changes the tuner made in the trans programming made towing way nicer.

14. :crackup:

Yep, I was born in Hattiesburg.

….and I believe Gump was in Alabama. :moon:

BigBird likes this.
  15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Yep. Greenbow, AL.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  16. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Shit Ive been to hattiesburg. Had an aunt who worked at the uni and uncle was with paper company.

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Home of Kohler Engine's US production. I am thinking there had to be cheap beer involved when you were made.

R Acree likes this.
  18. Knowing my dad, I’m sure that is true. :D

backcountryme likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damn....that's a pretty old movie for you to be referencing.

20. I googled “Where is forrest gump from” :D

YamahaRick and R Acree like this.