1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoodies with OR without strings; settle the debate

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Hoods are for hood-lums and sissies.

ToofPic, sharkattack, stk0308 and 3 others like this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hoodies, I prefer jackets with zippers or a sweatshirt without a hood.

3. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Zip up hoodies all day! But I hate the commitment of a pullover:confused:
    I rarely wear the hood part though, honestly because they cut off my peripheral too (even though I don't have bizarrely wide eyes like someone:rolleyes:)
    Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 10.03.20 AM.png

The hood part helps insulate under a jacket for street riding when it's really, really, cold here in So. Cal (60*). When it's unbelievably freezing out (like maybe in the 50*'s!?:eek:), a thin hood tucked inside a helmet stops most all of the wind without needing a neck roll (hate those).

No strings on any of them, and I can't stand when they're sewn in the middle. Why would someone want a decapitating leash attached to their head?

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

5. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

As long as they have a zipper, that's the only part I care about.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Exactly!:D

7. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

No strings. They get in your food when you eat, they slap you in the face when you run, and I got one caught in a router and had to take it apart and clean out the melted polyester/cotton.

8. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

I have, and wear both. My hoodies that I leave the strings in are mostly pullovers, I only wear the in cold and windy conditions where I will be tying the hood to keep it on my head. The ones that zip up are no strings for milder, no wind days where I just want something pulled up for a little warmth.

9. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I never understood hoodies. Just another grab handle for someone who has ill intent for you. Don't give them the opportunity.

10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Accurate. We did a little street fight simulation at the gym a couple of years ago for a self defense program. The first thing we learned was that a hoodie is second only to a necktie as the worst garment you can wear in a fight. We passed an old hoodie around and pretty much whoever was wearing it ended up getting strangled with it.

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You guys live much more violent lives than I do.

12. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Sa
    me here. Can all happen so fast. Local Hohn Deere dealership had safety classes that had some of the most gruesome pictures. Leaves a lasting impression on a 12 year old kid.

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

What I find dumb is people driving cars with the hood on. It totally ruins your peripheral vision, like RD said earlier.

Once a Wanker.. and sharkattack like this.
  14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

or have much more vivid imaginations regarding possible scenarios

Itey likes this.
  15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

54 laps around the sun have taught me that keeping myself, and particularly my nose, out of places it doesn't belong keeps the prohibitive majority of those imaginary scenarios in their places. YMMV

rd400racer and jhalls like this.
  16. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

17. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

:stupid:

Be aware, and shit won't just 'happen' to you.

auminer likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Aware give you a chance to prepare and possibly avoid, but there are no guarantees.

BigBird likes this.
  19. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

I can never get the hood to completely fit over my head. Then again I can’t find caps that fit either

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

think i found a hat that can fit you https://nogginboss.com/

[​IMG]

Motofun352 and Hondo like this.