1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoodies with OR without strings; settle the debate

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Dec 5, 2022.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

We have a household debate going on. I do not like strings on hoodies, and usually either pull them out or, if they’re sewn in at the center of the hood, pull them out as much as I can, then cut them off.
    Others in my house think I’m nuts for removing the drawstrings.
    Even when I do flip the hood up for a bit, it’s not like I’m tying it. Besides, the strings either get lost in the wash or tangled up.
    What say you: hoodies with OR without strings?
    FA859918-B5B4-4079-BDCD-D7DDCBB59579.jpeg

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Growing up on a farm, being around spinning shafts you never ever want strings or loose clothing hanging, good way to end up dead or maimed. Know a few guys that got tangled up in pto shafts, it ain't pretty.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

strings, never use them, but sweatshirts look weird without them. I can see from above how they could be a danger though. But I don't live on a farm, so give me the strings :D

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I don't get hoodies. I have exceptional peripheral vision. I'm not making this shit up, an eye doctor tested me and said I was way out of the norm. So all a hoodie does is block that vision. Now if mine is really good, how bad does that block someone with just normal peripherals? I wear sweatshirts with a hood, but I don't use them. Basically I could care less if it has a string or not.

But if you want to get me going' lets talk about jackets that have the double up/down zippers. Dumbest idea ever. They always jam and I've never once in my life had the need to open the bottom of a jacket up once the first zipper is up.

stk0308 and auminer like this.
  5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

If it came with strings and they are gone it looks…. Like you can’t afford a new hoodie. Or have attachment issues.

JBall, BigBird and Sabre699 like this.
  6. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Strings stay unless it is a hoodie that I'll be wearing while working around machinery.

7. sdg

sdg *

No strings. The ones that are sewn in the middle piss me off.

Cooter! and sharkattack like this.
  8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Since most of my hoodies are second hand from Goodwill, I can go either way on the strings.

And no, I will not spend $90 on a new hoodie.

RRP, sharkattack and BigBird like this.
  9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I love goodies, and that is what I wear when spending time outside from October to April. I rarely use the drawstrings unless I'm sitting in a blind and the wind is ridiculous. So pretty rare. I did actually use them last week when it was snowing and 20mph winds, right in my face.

10. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

My son gave this to me; I’ll wear it until it’s falling apart.

dtalbott and BigBird like this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

I wear hoodies pretty much all the time except the summer. Once it's long sleeve time, Early Fall to Late Spring, hoodies all day.

sharkattack and dtalbott like this.
  12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

like I said. :D

sharkattack and BigBird like this.
  13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

i dislike hoodies... my head emits too much heat for them.

stk0308 likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No hoodies for me.

DJ Baker and stk0308 like this.
  15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I only have one, a red one I have had for over 20 years, named Adam Sandler.

It still has the strings.

sharkattack likes this.
  16. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

62BE59F6-FF1C-4F80-A19E-F2B635F98CAB.jpeg

ToofPic, rd400racer and dtalbott like this.
  17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Few people understand just how deadly their clothing can be.

My customer had a guy crawl under his truck to fix a leaky packing on a Roper pump. His flannel overcoat got sucked into it, and started flipping him in circles over and under and over under the truck....miracle he even lived because he had a coworker come and shut the truck off.

Ended up getting a free helicopter ride, like a month in ICU and several surgeries. When you see him, he still isn't the same, basically braindead, but alive and eating. Got a early retirement out of the deal, but I really stress to young guys how one stupid decision can change their lives forever.

18. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I’m more of a drug rug (baja shirt) type.

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Agreed. When I was in EMT school they showed us pictures of ring accidents. Lets just say that when a machine grabs a ring and pulls the finger off, a whole lot more comes off with the finger. Google some pictures if you've got a strong stomach.

backcountryme likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If it’s still in there after however long I’ve owned the hoodie, cool. If it’s out, well that sucks and I’d prefer it was still there but I’m still wearing it.

I never put the hood up.

BigBird likes this.