1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Porsche people.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Those black wheels look badass, and wouldn’t be too hard to keep clean. Do it.

fastfreddie likes this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Correction for post #1989...I got the tire categories wrong. Either way, y'all know which tires I'm talking about. And I also got the tires wrong...I'm only looking at the PS4S.

I'd rather spend less on wheels for a daily driver than ones that will make me cry cuz they last longer than the car itself. :D
    Besides, I still have to throw another ~$1500 in tires at it. That's like $3850, all in. The left over money from your suggestion could buy bigger brakes, sway bars, etc.

You do. If it weren't so, it would stand out to you like a sore thumb. :D

This is what those black wheels will "fix"... 878veh.C6.18.Black.png

4. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I put black Rohanna RFX11 rotary forged wheels on my 2018 Corvette Grand Sport. The wheels were $2300 with lug nuts to the house from Kixx Motorsports in Chicago. Cast wheels for the Covette in my opinion are junk. Chevrolet has at least 2 class action lawsuits against them over the wheels on C7 Grand Sports and Z06s. They will never pay up as they have about 3 bus loads of lawyers protecting their asses. My wheels are available in black, silver and bronze. Good luck with your car, and yes all 4 wheels on my car cracked. I bought the car used and the idiot who had it before me I think ran it in Track mode all the time. Track mode in this car means exactly what it says. I run it in Tour mode 90% of the time and then a little bit in Sport mode.

5. fastfreddie

Those are sharp. The whole collection looks pretty good. Nothing I liked was available in 18", tho'.

If anyone is wondering why I'm not interested in 19" fronts and corresponding 20" rears, think about the amount of sidewall on those tires...there isn't any. For a street car that will drive in all kinds of weather, on all kinds of roads, 17" fronts are more ideal, but that's as subjective as the vehicle/tire/driver. By that metric, 19" fronts are way more suitable for track only. I'll compromise with 18" fronts.
    While I haven't spent much, if any, time looking at 17" wheels (mostly cuz everyone's trying to sell 20s), if there were some, it limits tire choice. I'd rather have the tires I want than concern myself with whether the difference in diameter would make up for the better inclement weather handling of a smaller diameter wheel with lesser track prowess. After all, I'm not looking for all-season tires, but that doesn't mean I won't find myself driving in all seasons, if necessary.

6. MV Rider

I have the Michelin Pilot AS4 all season run flats on the Vette. I prefer them to the PS4s that were on it when I bought it. The C8 comes standard with these if you don't get the Z51 package. Difference between the All season and the PS4 on the C8 is.09 on a skidpad, .93 vs 1.01. I see no reason for a PS4 on a street car and if I was going to the track I would want the Cup2Rs. I have pushed the All seasons very hard in some sweepers at triple digit speed and all they say, "Is that all you got little guy." Its your money but I know that I won't be taking Louis Hamilton's seat when he hangs it up so I am sticking with the AS4s.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Venom51

Today's all season is a race tire from a decade ago. You really have to be pushing on things pretty hard to "need" a PS4S or a Cup2R. Think about how good a street legal DOT tires is on a bike these days. Those are carrying slick levels of grip from just a few years before.

noles19 and Gorilla George like this.
  8. MV Rider

I am not a fanboy for anybody's tire as all of the major companies build good tires but I used the Pirelli Supercorsa street tires for a track day on the full course at VIR on a hot day on my 2015 Aprilia RSV4 and they hung in there all day. I am sure the Michelin or Dunlop equivalent tires would have been great. The all season Michelin AS4s ride better, are quieter, and will last longer than the PS4s. They also come with a 30,000 mile wear warranty which is good for 15,000 on the Vette because of the staggered fitment. Discount tire honors it too because they honored it on my Jaguar which only got a little over 10,000 miles on the rear.

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Green light. Nice job, honey, as usual.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Broome, what's the break-in procedure for Pete the Porsche?

11. fastfreddie

Find the amp before hitting the ludicrous button. :D

12. I asked Jerry and he said there is no “break in period per se. The engine has already been proven before it left Germany.”

But he said they do suggest keeping it under 4500rpm for the first 500mi.

The thing is, I don’t know if (or where) I could ever get above 4500rpm (and it damn sure won’t be legal).

I put it in Sport mode yesterday and went playing in the mountains while the wife was getting her hair did. I got on it and few times and was like “Fuckinhell” and I looked down and it was only between 3500-4000rpm.

I can’t imagine how hard it pulls once you let the RPMs climb higher.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Venom51

It's got turbos...it falls on its face shortly after that.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

it's got Twin Turbos, one is for low end and the other one will pick up the higher RPMs.

15. Venom51

Doesn't matter. The things that make them great at low RPM are the very things that make them suck at high RPM. And they still sound like ass.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

it's also a v8, so there's already low end torque

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

LOL, anything specific with this model? I own both brands, and I guess surprisingly, my Fords have been as good as my Toyota's. All of them have had some issues, and actually the more expensive issues have been on the Toyota's.

20. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

my car has a turbo...it pulls so damn hard to redline if youre not careful you will be in rev limiter pretty easy, even with the shift light flashing lol....

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.