1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV650 in vintage: Has the time come?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by kenessex, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I think this proves I'm serious and my son is talking with Greg (Waterboy) today about buying his spare SV (don't worry Greg, he's buying it:D)

[​IMG]

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You I believe since your son will be bugging the hell out of you to go play :D

rd400racer likes this.
  4. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Yes he is, and I know that SV :D

rd400racer likes this.
  5. rd400racer

I appreciate you meeting us halfway. I'm going to ride up with him next Saturday if that day works out for you. I'm an early morning guy so the sooner the better if that's OK. If not, no big deal. Look forward to meeting you Greg.

Waterboy likes this.
  6. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Perfect- Text me...

rd400racer likes this.
  7. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Might come out and play next year, since I have a credit to burn up.

This would give SB Sv's another place to play besides HWT Twins, which has low turn out and always seems to be on the verge of getting scrapped.

8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I recognize that bike!

rd400racer likes this.
  9. rd400racer

Now we have two! Thanks Greg, it was a pleasure to meet you. Nick said, "dad, everybody in WERA is so nice!"

Game on!

[​IMG]

SpeedyE, E Reed, Waterboy and 3 others like this.
  10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

OK, here is the start of the new secret project.
    v7sv.jpg

Attached Files:

SpeedyE and rd400racer like this.
  11. WMRRA #22 - SH

WMRRA #22 - SH WMRRA #22

Lots of Gen 1's in here. Anyone need some spare rims? I've got a couple sets I'm selling

12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

It looks like this might become one of those put up or shut up type threads. Who will show up and race in V7 next year?
    To that end, Mark,@RRP, and I are going to put up since shutting up isn't in our nature. We are going to actively encourage/bribe people to enter V7 next year by providing a participation prize to be awarded at the GNF 2023. Every single entry in V7 will be one entry in the lottery to win the grand prize. You don't need to be on an SV or even run the race, as long as you pay for an entry you get a chance. If you finish last, you get the same number of entries(1) as the winner. This will truly be a participation prize.

The Grand Prize will be a race ready 1st gen SV650. This is the bike we are starting with:
    svbas.jpg Unfortunately, neither Mark nor I are made of money and I can't quite afford to donate the bike as it is to this cause and so I will need to sell a few parts and spares to make this happen. The ZX6r front end will be replaced with a stocker and the Stainless Remus exhaust will also need to be sold and replaced with an Akro slip-on or Micron system we have laying around. We are actively soliciting donations for this project, for instance, we do not have a decent shock to put on this thing, yet. We will need race tires for it. A spare set of wheels with rains would be cool to add to the prize, etc. If anybody just wanted to throw a few bucks at it, I would be happy to leave on the forks and exhaust. Otherwise we will use all donations for enhancing the bike for the ultmate winner, but regardless, we are committed to giving this race prepped SV away at the end of the year. More details will follow as we strt rolling on the project, so you can all follow along. We will also be posting a list of what we have and what we need and what we would like to have. Stay tuned and all ideas and thoughts are welcome.

SpeedyE, Ryan nickles, chobes and 5 others like this.
  13. HMBAtrail

HMBAtrail Active Member

Welp, my buddy Pat and I are now proud owners of SV650. Him a Gen 3 and me a Gen 2.

dave3593 and rd400racer like this.
  14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

You going to let in any year SV under current WERA SBK rules?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thinking about it yes, just trying to make sure there is no downside to it. That and I just haven't gotten to messing with the rulebook yet :D

16. rd400racer

As we close in on 5 weeks before Tally, I need some class help with the SV since this will be the first time my son or I have raced these bikes. For starters we're Gen 1 with no engine build, so I guess that makes us SS. I'm looking at last years Tally schedule and this is what I think...please tell me if I'm wrong.

We can compete in:

Race 3) V7MW
    Race 5) F2
    Race 8) LWT SS
    Race 13) LWT SB (not sure about this one)

Am I missing something?

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

a lot of SV racers do Heavyweight twins sbk.

Waterboy likes this.
  18. rd400racer

That's in the same race as V7MW

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

That would be correct. Engine is not the only thing that would make your bike a SB. Brake systems, aftermarket wheels also can swing you over to SB.

Waterboy likes this.
  20. rd400racer

Thank you Jon. Yes, I read the rulebook but sometimes it seems a bit vague on certain items (or I'm just not comprehending completely:D).