1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good bourbon?

Discussion in 'General' started by PistolPete, Nov 17, 2020.

1. ton

ton Arf!

Dammit. No wonder I haven’t seen in it awhile. One of my standards. Especially at the price point

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Cases of it across the street from me. At least the last time I was there.

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Nice! That Jim Beam double oak is good, and hard to find still! I've never seen a 1.75 bottle of it.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I loved doing some controls work at Jim Beam Clermont. The skids and skids of Basil Haydens was insane! And boy did it smell nice there. :)

cpettit and vfrket like this.
  6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Bulliet and Buffalo Trace are my two favourites. I like bulliet neat, and Buffalo Trace in old fashioned.

cpettit and ChemGuy like this.
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

mmmm....I like bourbon. I dont know if Yamazaki 18yo qualifies as bourbon....but it is effing delicious. If you can try some...preferably on someone elses tab I highly recommend it.

I'll quit drunk posting know.

CR750 likes this.
  8. ton

ton Arf!

It's a malt whisky, (and Japanese made), so not bourbon. But lovely, indeed.

9. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

That's a good one. Colonel Taylor is another if you can find it.

And I like this one too: Screenshot_20221201_074953_Chrome.jpg

cpettit and rd400racer like this.
  10. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

This one
    332242-1792-Small-Batch-Kentucky-Straight-Bourbon01 (1).jpg

cpettit and ClemsonsR6 like this.
  11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I was gonna reiterate my latest favorite find, but since they started selling it in OH recently it's been sold out...and I needs MOAR

12. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I tried this one on a whim while I was in Wisconsin since it was distilled locally, didn't care for it much...it was too hot/harsh dor my tastes. The Four Roses Small Batch Select was a much smoother drink to me even though it's a higher proof.

Screenshot_20221201_100124_Chrome.jpg

Senna likes this.
  13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Unlike craft beer, craft distilleries are usually inferior to the big guys...... Not for lack of trying but they just haven't been doing it for a hundred or so years like the others have. I'm working on a project for Heaven Hill right now and had lunch with their gm and their master distiller earlier this week and i gotta say, the old school knowledge from just those two guys is more than most newer distilleries will have in their entire companies. Their stories of old dusty barrels found in the corner of rick houses and blended into one time products that some would sell their own mother for are awesome. I wish i was a bourbon drinker 25 years ago.

R1Racer99 and lopitt85 like this.
  14. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

Picked up a sample box of Heaven's Door whiskey. Never tried it but it has straight, rye, double barrel samples. Anyone have good/ bad reviews?

15. alan

alan Well-Known Member

Just getting into bourbon, so...

I've had the straight and its pretty good, haven't tried the other 2 in the sample box. They have a 61 blend that I really like but is tough to find. My favorite bourbon is Jeffersons Ocean.

10-15 likes this.
  16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

My step son likes bourbon, I know SQUAT about it...but I got him a 750ml of Woodford Reserve for his Bday. Hope he likes it.

cpettit likes this.
  17. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Great thread.
    Enjoying Blantons as I type.

pjzocc likes this.
  18. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

He will, it is a solid performer. After he's had it, ask him what he thought. Listen and you'l have ideas for future gifts. Or, if he is less than enthused, you can send your gift bottles my way. I'll be most appreciative.

Cheers,

Dave

StaccatoFan likes this.
  19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Woodford is like Bulliet, everyone likes it.

cpettit likes this.
  20. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Had a nice little tasting with the neighbor night before Thanksgiving

88389779-199B-4551-8684-E7BA3A1D5F05.jpeg B64107FA-73A9-401B-90A8-C2154AA2D8D8.jpeg 7D724DE1-550C-44E4-B6DC-2F4F5C6E1C70.jpeg 88389779-199B-4551-8684-E7BA3A1D5F05.jpeg B64107FA-73A9-401B-90A8-C2154AA2D8D8.jpeg 7D724DE1-550C-44E4-B6DC-2F4F5C6E1C70.jpeg

R1Racer99 and SteveThompson like this.