1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Just an attempt at humor. I have one. I also have xds, 26 and 365. The hellcat is my last choice but I’ll never get rid of it. All my non carry carry guns get turned into stash guns. Oh I also have an xl on the way so they’ll be another stash gun soon

wsmc42, Gorilla George and speedluvn like this.
  2. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Well I bought a dedicated gun for my 10yr old son. Went to my local shop today to talk about guns for him and they had this on consignment.
    Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22.

Polymer lower so its unbelievably lightweight. Magpul furniture with some cheapo red dot optic.

Attached Files:

Mick6R, britx303 and Triple X like this.
  3. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

S&W Shield Plus

4. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I have the same one.
    So much fun to plink with.

Wingnut likes this.
  5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Just went and shot my shield. Gets the job done and no one knows it’s on me . I think I prefer a 43x if I have to pick only one but luckily I don’t

Gorilla George and Triple X like this.
  6. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

The FCU on the Macro is the same as the P365 variants, so I'm pretty sure you could just notch your grip module and install a safety.

7. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

#makecaniknotlooklikehipointagain

8. :stupid:

This sums it up.

If I TRULY don’t like a gun, then it doesn’t even get stashed. It just gets left in one of the safes.

The Hellcat isn’t one of them. It is a “stash gun”. I don’t dislike it, I just prefer to EDC others.

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Nice! I was just online window shopping for another 22lr for the girls and I to use at some rimfire matches, and the rifle version of this popped up. Torn between a Winchester wildcat w/threaded barrel, 10/22 or now the M&p 15-22 which has now complicated the decision :D It was really supposed to be “just one more”…….

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’m probably a little biased but I think the 10/22 is very hard to beat. The available after market for that rifle makes it so you can go any direction you want. But if you are not wanting to customize it your left with a great dependable accurate rifle. I had a bone stock one for 20 years then one day at a cabelas they had a whole shelf row of upgrades. Picked up a heavy barrel, stock and trigger and it was better than buying a new gun.

britx303 likes this.
  11. britx303

Ultimately I’ll end up with a 10/22 no doubt. But I keep thinking building one will be more enjoyable for me. But hard to disagree with picking up a stocker in the meantime since we need a 3rd rimfire now. I’ve already started a b-tm folder clone for the 702, but haven’t routed out the receiver/fcg pocket yet. May just holdout for the 10/22 dimensions…….and what better way to get them:D

12. I can’t stop thinking about that flamethrower. I think I need it.

dobr24, Sabre699 and Nick_OMC like this.
  13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

What, lighting up an oil rig not good enough? :eek:
    Or is that what you need the flamethrower for? :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Buy it and have the wife hide it somewhere on your outdoor range. Your job is to fight your way to it using as many different guns as possible. Once you've exhausted the 2000 rounds of ammo on your person you can use the flamethrower to kill the last of the zombies and save the world!

Yzasserina likes this.
  15. My whole career is based on making sure rigs don’t blow/burn up, so it’d be nice to blow/burn shit up at home. :D

16. Oh hell yes :crackup:

17. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

To me the 10/22 is the classic, the 15/22 is nice if you want something AR platform to practice and play around with. I have both but haven't spent a lot of time with the 15/22 besides swapping some magpul stuff onto it. The 10/22 has a lot more accuracy potential. Good trigger and barrel and you should be close. There are all sorts of aftermarket stocks for them these days from KRG Bravo hunting type rig to precision rifle chassis to hogue overmolded to folding skeleton stocks. I've been looking at a PMACA stock for a takedown with a short barrel and pistol brace for something to carry in the woods..

https://pmacamfg.com/chassis/

18. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I'm torn, before I re-grip with the hogue I've got to try out the this bad boy, its beautiful just as it is, a photo doesn't do it justice.
    [​IMG]

Yzasserina and Sabre699 like this.
  19. britx303

I caved. I found a 10/22 with a “midnight camo” stock and threaded barrel for 299. They let us pay for it, but apparently ATF is down, so nobody’s approvals we’re going through. Hopefully we can go back and pick it up tomorrow.

Tristan likes this.