1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA 2023 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 29, 2022.

1. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Ducati tired of bringing in ringers and getting their ass handed to them. Not helping sales. But I hope its not true.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

May be more teams pulling out as the economy goes deeper in the shitter.

knedragon29 likes this.
  3. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

I thought it would take another year for them to rage quit. Guess I was wrong.

CR750 likes this.
  4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

It's not about helping sales here because Ducati is selling lots of bikes and have for quite a few years. It's about not spending a lot money in a series where they feel the possibility of winning a championship is low and the benefits of MotoGP and WSBK wins and championships have a bigger impact

tl1098 likes this.
  5. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

yep:(

6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yeesh. That would crush the superbike class at this point.

7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Someday, they'll learn that it takes a rider that's willing to make a multi year commitment in the series to make a legitimate run at the championship. They should have stayed with Zanetti. What he did on a standard V4R was impressive.

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

With Cam B coming back in, the Westby crew always pushing, and Cam P clawing away at Gagne's pace, I'm sure the racing in SBK will be fine.

RichMangus, Gino230, Nathey and 7 others like this.
  9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

No clue.

On another rumor since it was mentioned on the pod who do you think Rispoli is riding for and on what?

Also is Aprilia really coming with the 1000?

And what children are you creating a program for and in what class?

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Maybe... The issue is it's 1099cc. The Ape races in sbk in CIV, and it races in sstk1000 in BSB with a spec motec ecu that has rider aids locked out.

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I think he's maybe bagger and twins with V&H & Burcham. But I don't have confirmation.
    No clue with the Aprilia. I hope they can get it in. We need another brand and they have a great product.

12. grasshopper

Fuck! Rispoli needs to be on a middleweight or a big bike. Regardless it will be cool to see him back on pavement

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Probably a lot more money for a salary in the bagger class.

14. grasshopper

Crazy shit... Too bad Harley isn't putting even a quarter of the money in Flat Track that they are putting into road racing baggers

15. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

My guess on HSBK is that Petrucci was probably accompanied by some Ducati Corse support with an expectation of a title or title contention. If Ducati isn’t able to kick in some support or cash due to rider selection or other factors, then it is tougher for a dealer to field a factory super bike effort. (Sort of need the factory for a factory effort) Would Ducati provide money if they expected no better than 4-5th places? Probably not. You can always write a big check to get that support, but racing is ultimately a business.

5axis likes this.
  16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I was always under the impression that Ducati only provided factory support that Warhorse paid for. But nothing was actually coming out of Ducati's pocket.

17. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

i still think its gonna be herrin

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I forgot about Cam B coming back.

19. henry_carlson

The Great One and 5axis like this.
  20. henry_carlson

koth442 likes this.