1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is this tech coming to Motorcycle track tires

Discussion in 'General' started by Dan Dubeau, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

2. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

No, motorcycle riders don't have the money, different demographic.

Well except for GG

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

it's interesting, but I heard it's not very accurate

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Also, like most things track/race-oriented, 95% of the people it's marketed towards won't see any appreciable benefit from its use save for that warm feeling they get having the latest tech......

Michael Hausknecht likes this.
  5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Difficult to figure out how this would help the normal Joe at the track, and the guys that would be able to benefit from it already have more elaborate systems.

From what I see its only 2 parameters - PSI and temp?

BigBird likes this.
  6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Yeah, seems kind of gimmicky, just stumbled on the video and thought it was a bit interesting. Not sure how on board real time temp, and pressure monitoring would benefit the average rider. Those who track that stuff, measure it already with probably more accurate methods.

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

<threadjack> :D

I'd be happy if Michelin would produce an off/road tire for trucks/suvs. Their AT tires aren't anywhere near aggressive enough.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

.. but they are sooooo quiet compared to any aggressive tread off road tire. I agree, for the ultimate off road traction , or for the incredibly rare occasions ya really "need" mud tire.. but i had BF goodrich TA2 tires (and bf goodrich is owned by michelin now) for 80,000 miles on an f150. These weren't even actual mud tires, but pretty aggressive, but HOLY FUK they were loud. Switched to the michelin AT tires and much happier. they came on my f250 and have 60,000 miles on em now, still look great, never had to have em re-balanced yet and only rotated once at 30k. For the little bit of off road i do at an off road dirt bike race? zero problem. if it's mega muddy and towing a camper/toyhauler, everyone is gettin towed out by the tractor or bulldozer anyway :)

9. breakneckPace

breakneckPace Well-Known Member

I'd forget to tell my tire vendor about the sensor inside the tire and it'd just get tossed every time I put a new set on. Then I gotta buy new tires AND new sensors every time!

10. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mind that for trailer tires honestly. I'd venture that would prevent a lot of blowouts... or atleast give warning.

11. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

@stickboy274 knows of a setup that does just that!