1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

My cousin has a few of those, old and in perfect condition. They were in his grandfathers collection of over 100 1911 style guns. He inherited these, his grandpa is still living. He'll probably inherit the rest of the collection, all kinds of old military riffles.

RonR likes this.
  2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

That’s also what I heard. So then .40 was invented.

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I believe this is all true. And add me to the list of people intending to buy one as a bear gun. Been on my list for awhile, just hasn't made it to top priority yet.

4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Just my opinion, based on my number of years in Alaska, carrying a bear protection handgun, I prefer a strong revolver in a big caliber. My usual carry is a Ruger Blackhawk in 45 LC with 300gr Hornady XTP at 1200fps. Strong and reliable. If I need more than 6 rounds, then a handgun isn't going to be the best choice.

5. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I used to carry a 4” S&W 44 revolver.
    Once in a while I still do but I just like how the 10 carries and shoots.

6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Just smoked a hog with the hawken muzzle loader. 50cal round ball. Will get a pic soon.

MachineR1 likes this.
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Just arrived in West Virginia for the week with enough firepower to arm a small Caribbean nation and beer to get 100 English soccer hooligans drunk enough to cheer for France. Let the festivities begin:D

Jedb likes this.
  8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

A ruger super red hawk is also in contention.

10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Absolutely, but they always seem a little too big and bulky for me.

Senna likes this.
  11. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

FTFY

12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yeah. The 20 is bigger than I’d prefer. I like OWB with a jacket or something. The area is kinda mixed with views on guns, so I’d rather not openly carry.

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Sitting on a ridge in WV

[​IMG]

RonR likes this.
  14. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Good luck!

rd400racer likes this.
  15. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Nice!
    Will you eat it?
    I’ve heard so many conflicting answers about how edible wild hogs are. One friend will just pull the back straps, another said it’s horrible and another eats everything.

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Why kill the fucking beast if you don't eat it?

17. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Because they are ravaging the land at a very high rate. Many areas they are left to rot. Most people don’t eat the mice or rats they kill.

mpusch likes this.
  18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Wasn't aware of them being such a blight.
    I just meant that I've had them at pig roasts and if done right they are great.

19. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Ive read where some eat them and some dont, Besides the large, tough hogs and injured hogs, what are other reasons they would be inedible?

20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I havent check the ballistics of the .44 vs 10mm but are they somewhat similar?