1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida racing takes a hit

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for penguin and the northeast guys coming down to Homestead CCS would have back out of there a long time ago. the year I went down the NE was an easy 50% for the entries!

Gino230 likes this.
  2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

It is worth it... Best kept secret in the South IMO... Much better than any track in FL IMO with the exception of Daytona.. That is my new favorite after racing there this year...

Steeltoe, Gino230, 90kacoupe and 2 others like this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I answered this over at Phil's place.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

Absolutely! I have not been since the repave. but that has always been one of my favorites! I've always had good races there. I do wish they would move pit out to after turn 2. but other than that, that place is really fun!

MELK-MAN, TLR67 and Gino230 like this.
  5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Ok so maybe I’ll try CMP. :timeforabeer:

MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

the repave really helps but for me the track doesn't flow well, there are some very fast and cool sections good passing Opps. but the 90 degree stops at either end of the front straight just kinda wreck it. the infield is better new fuel station, and the food truck and shack are pretty good, bathrooms are ok, but the infield lacks power hookups for campers. so, generators abound been 3 times so it must be ok.

Gino230 likes this.
  7. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

PBIR , We always called it Lil Macao :)

Gino230 and notbostrom like this.
  8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I thought the turnout for sprints at CMP was decent in 21 and 22?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Well, not enough to pay the bills. Endurance was decent.

Still not ruling it out, the odds are we'll probably do it again and take the hit if need be.

noles19, Kev59 and regularguy like this.
  10. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I remember starting on the back row with 50+ mofos in the amateur GTU, passed a bunch of guys thinking I was doing good until I realized I finish 35th :crackup:.
    Yall had 23 finishers in the expert GTU.
    Screenshot_20211216-215440_Chrome.jpg

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I was # 5 on the list on GTU

R1M370 likes this.
  12. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Yeah not registering early got me on the back couple rows every race.

13. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Yeah early registration was important back then, big difference on the grid spot with fast riders, even with amatuers hard to make up time

Gino230, R1M370 and MELK-MAN like this.
  14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

geezus.. those grids were huge. Good times for sure.

yup, especially with only 5 or 6 lap sprint races. pretty sure the GT races were only 9 laps or so?

R1M370 likes this.
  15. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Sounds like enough people complained that they updated the schedule to include a Florida championship:

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/asra-ccs-2023-schedules-updated/

Still only adds 2 Homestead dates. However, I personally prefer the drive to Roebling even though Homestead is 40 miles closer.

I've seen FMRRA racers complaining and making facetoobs tantrums about the CCS registration and gate process, yet I never had any problems. Hell, if there was an issue with RaceWorx (or whatever the online registration portal was called), I would reach out to Eric and have it solved quickly.

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They just added a bunch of 100/50 amp RV spots

Muz720 likes this.
  17. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

The same FMRRA members that will double park on you at PBIR and block your pit, the worst group coordination when it comes to utilizing a parking lot efficiently.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

in fairness, it happened when we were there (palm beach) with CCS as well. the pave parking area was limited, and sadly, the locals would just have multiple cars show up with family and friends, and park right in the limited parking area instead of park a tad further away, and walk over...

R1M370 likes this.
  19. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

I mean, it happens at MotoA races all day…

20. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

"Locals" lol

MELK-MAN likes this.