1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA 2023 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 29, 2022.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Sam Lochoff's ankle is fucked up. I hope he heals up and is able to get back to racing. I believe he had a lingering issue and it never was addressed, then he broke it in multiple places last year / tore ligaments and tendons. He elected to NOT have surgery and thought it was good to go but it wasn't and he just had surgery to repair his tendons.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Jules Cluzel has won a bunch of world supersport races with a fused left ankle. I don't know anything about Lochoff but it ain't over until he quits.

henry_carlson and Boman Forklift like this.
  3. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

And show us how our homegrown washed out 'talent' can barely finish ahead of him after being pushed out of GP & WSBK themselves. Jokeshow...

4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Did you measure the ride height differences by any chance?

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of the Dunlops, I love the front feel, especially the 0129. I have never had rear grip issues, but the bikes I'm riding are mostly LW bikes and 600's occasionally, so it's not the same thing.

You're correct on the pressures, though.

6. henry_carlson

Ezra B coming back with Motorsports Exotica for some if not all rounds in 23 in stock 1000 and superbike cup. They are also going to focus on club racing again. I had heard rumors of them explaining their footprint in the paddock, no idea if that will take place or not but it seems like the cost and scope put them off of expanding. This all took place before the schedule release, no idea if that will impact their decision.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mladin as well. He eventually had it worked on and some movement “added” but his shifter foot was wonky as fudge.

henry_carlson likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Cluzel has the gear lever on the right side.

koth442 and Dano711 like this.
  9. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Anybody wanna comment on Kayla getting a Twins Cup ride with MP13 Racing?? I think she’s gonna hurt a few more feelings. Go Kayla Go

Namarow likes this.
  10. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Im more curious about her moving on from jr cup so quickly. That seems to be pretty telling of something, im not sure what it is though.

henry_carlson likes this.
  11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Kayla is gonna do some work on a twin. She’s got Hayes and Paris in her corner.

they know what they’re doing.

Nathey, t11ravis, koth442 and 4 others like this.
  12. henry_carlson

whatever happens I will not make an overarching conclusion about her success, while she is quickly becoming the peoples champ she is young still. lots of growing to do mentally and physically.

on-paper, the move is dynamite, so hyped to watch her and the team this year. mp is a beast and think she deserves a ton of credit for her wrenching skills

13. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

It has been said that she'll be on a 600 as soon as she turns 16. She ran/is running the classes that she is eligible for due to her age. The quicker that she can get out of the entry level classes, the better.

But yes, I expect her to do exceptionally well in the Twins Cup while she's there.

Gino230 and RRP like this.
  14. Dave Wolfe

I guess Im seeing this as an announcement to the world that its not in your best interest to lurk in junior cup. That seems to contrast a bit with the earlier JC seasons where kids would stay longer.

The grid size already shrunk a lot in '22. I wonder what changes MA is going to do to the class?

15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

IMO, Junior Cup is not the way to go. The bikes are shitty, wobbly frames with no trail. I really don't see the class as the proper stepping stone. Yes it gets the kids into the show but the bikes are not good for development.
    You think the dude is a bit melodramatic...? Makes it sounds like you need a million dollars and 8 mechanics to run stock 1000. Meanwhile, Stefano is getting it done with mom and pops and sometimes a helper.

RobMac10, Gino230, evakat and 5 others like this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I have no idea are the twins cups bikes any better in this regard? I will say I'm glad my kid rode a SV650 for awhile before stepping up to a 600.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's telling about Kayla and her goals along with Daves careful grooming of her. She could other than age easily jump multiple levels and has ridden a twin well before this, however that isn't the progression rate they want, this is. It's also by far the best way to go about it. No huge jumps just because people blow smoke up your ass, no running to Europe and spending your life savings, build your brand, build your skills, get good rides and prove your abilities.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They are much better - and if you watch the junior cup stuff and the bad habits the riders have the important thing to me on a twins bike is they're not remotely as forgiving of that kind of thing but will teach you to ride better without the speed of a 600 so it's a great step in between.

19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The Yamaha and the new Kawi chassis are flimsy, but the Ape chassis is on point, and is there a more stable bike than a SV650? Not only that, but the rules allow forks, links and triples to get the chassis numbers right.

Monsterdood, RRP and Boman Forklift like this.
  20. Dave Wolfe

I liked my ninja 250 a lot more after adding ~7mm trail to it. It let me get the back end higher for clearance without falling over into the turns. 10mm probably would have been perfect.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.