1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which track next

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by dave3593, Nov 15, 2022.

1. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I would like to add another track to the ones I ride vintage bikes at. Next spring I would like to add either Roebling Road or Talladega Gran Prix. What do you suggest?

2. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

both are awesome, it would be tough to decide on one or the other. for me one is closer than the other, which could make a deciding factor for you if in the same situation? good luck!

3. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

living in SC now i hope to go to talladega, atlanta and barber. farthest south i had been was last year to CMP.

racer_11 likes this.
  4. dave3593

I'm leaning towards Talladega Gran prix because of the good run offs. This kind of stuff helps me ride harder. Does the relatively short 1.40 miles make it too repedative? I like Nelson Ledges but is seems short.

5. dave3593

Barber is just very NICE. The elevation changes at Road Atlanta are GREAT if you want to experience that.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

no matter the machinery or the distance, i'd go for RRR, it's a nice flowing track and just got a new layer of asphalt.

Little Tally is ok, but i'd rather drive another 40 min and hit Barber.

DmanSlam and Philip Mirgliotta like this.
  7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Dave, hands down.....Roebling.

Tally is a great little track. its 90 miles from me....I learned to race there, in the opposite direction than it runs now. I'm by no means perfect there or anything, not even close....but I've just been there ALOT. I have grown to appreciate it more recently, and do plan to go back of course.

Your TZ at Roebling would be fabulous. Period.

dave3593 and Phl218 like this.
  8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I suggest BOTH!

racer_11, RRP and Phl218 like this.
  9. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

I agree with Charlie on Roebling. It's a great riders track and will help you improve your racing skills. Some fast corners too

I'm not a big fan of Tally but will race there because it's close to home for me

10. dave3593

Does Roebling have any hard stuff where there should be run off?

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

All depends on if you think Tires are Hard....

12. dave3593

I really appreciate the input guys. I'd like to get an earlier start to racing next year and WERA races these two tracks early. I didn't ride enough this year. My declining 401k is whacking me out.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Definietly do Both and dont let the early Month's fool you weather wise... Talladega in Feb is always a good time and Roebling is fantastic and fun as well...

R/T Performance and dave3593 like this.
  14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've never been to RRR because it's pretty far from Louisville, but I love Tally. Always had a good time there and I like that it's a tight little track.

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Lightweight.

16. rd400racer

It's a 10 hour drive!:D

Alright then, here's a question for the group. For me it's almost the same distance to RRR or NOLA...which is more fun?

17. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

You should try living here, there's nothing under 6 hours apart from Mid Ohio which I won't race at again until they repave it. I've been to Grattan, Gingerman and NJMP all take over 10 hours.

18. CharlieY

I've never run NOLA, but that would be trackday, right?....or is it on the WERA schedule?

I'd pick racing over trackday every time. Roebling is a fun track to race on.

Again, so is Tally. I'm definitely not a hater, just looking for different stuff.

19. rd400racer

No track day, this is about racing. For some reason I thought NOLA was on the WERA list but I never really looked because it always seemed too far. I may hit one track day at NCM simply because I'll be racing a bike new to me next year and it would be great to have a feel for it before I race. Then again I've never done that with any of the other bikes I've raced over the years, so why start now:D

20. CharlieY

10-4 Kelly....In my opinion, your reasoning for an NCM trackday is perfect! shakedown, etc.....I have just never gotten trackdays being the "climax".

You should try Roebling. Its almost like a "staple" in the vintage racers diet.:flag: .....Hook up with Scudder (robin) or Dave....altho the facilities are better than they used to be, they are still rather "spartan", the new facilities were a great addition.....I've always camped at the track, especially that time of year. Hotels used to be a decent ride away, but I have no idea anymore.

Good seafood place at I-16 and I-95 that is worth the drive from the track at least 1 night.