1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone a skid steer mechanic?? Cat brand of matters

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

If I have any friends here who are big equipment or skid steer mechanical please help.

Got one that’ll work hard for about 5 minutes then stall.

Let it sit and open the back and you can see it’s sucking the clear filter dry.

I can let it sit for about 5 minutes and right back at it until it runs it dry again.

2. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Not a mechanic but I unfortunately received a crash course in diesel fuel delivery systems on my Kubota tractor a few years ago after a dealership misdiagnosed the issue and throughly messed my tractor up.

It sounds like you have a fuel delivery issue but it will feed under gravity. In my case there was a vacuum operated “lift” pump after the filter but before the mechanical high pressure injection pump. This failed in my case and the symptoms sound similar. Might look for something similar, on the Kubota engine it is only a fairly small part, obviously has fuel line in and out plus a vacuum line.

3. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Which model?

4. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

Ya gotta post pics RB
    And what model and engine. Is the clear filter you are seeing the only one? My Bobcats have a spin-on filter and those can get clogged pretty easy and the machine won't run.
    There is also a fuel shut down that can go bad

5. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

We had a pretty new 259 Cat skid that would pull the filter dry and puke out at any given time. We ended up finding a parts label in the fuel tank after chasing everything else we could think of. Some days it would run most of the day some days 30 seconds.