1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kia challenge

Discussion in 'General' started by tl1098, Nov 12, 2022.

1. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

2. I feel no sorry or pity for them. Don't take shit that isn't yours. That rule shouldn't be too fucking hard to follow.

And for the families to sue Kia??? Fuck off. How about you put that energy into making sure you don't raise fucking theives.

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Kia should sue THEM

BigBird, brex and Gorilla George like this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Can’t wait to hear about the lawsuit filed against Estwing…

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Classy. I understand the pain and that Grief is real - but suing Kia???
    They need to remember when pointing a finger, three are actually pointing at themselves

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. 418

418 Expert #59

Sounds like the gene pool got cleansed.

Fuck Kia tho. It's 2022, make a car that your average teenager with a TikTok account can't steal. Then again they seem to be incapable of making engine either, so there's that.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

There is a lot of manufactures dealing with things like that lately surprisingly.
    I forget the brand but one had to make changes a couple months ago because people would walk to the front door of your house where is most common to keep your keys steal the information off your keyless keyfob and then simply start your car and drive away:crackup:

418 likes this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

BMW had an issue with programming fobs, break in and plug into the OBD-II port and program the “key” you brought with you, start it up and drive away.

418 likes this.
  9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Can't seem to muster any concern for them.

10. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Yup. The Tide pod challenge never happened.:rolleyes:

11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Well, they won’t do that again.

Spooner, ducnut, jasonhise and 3 others like this.
  12. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Well there was 4 of them, so maybe saved about 10-15 stolen future cars getting stolen, some petty crimes and real crimes, paying for welfare babies, housing and food stamps, then paying for them to be in prison for who knows how long?

13. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I recall a lot of dumb shit in different cars with different people during my teenage years. I don't recall ever asking anyone if the car I was getting into was stolen. The thought never crossed my mind. Guess that could have been me.

SuddenBraking and BigBird like this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You think these kids didn't know each other and didn't know the driver didn't own the stolen car he was driving?

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

tl1098 likes this.
  16. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Not likely, but possible. I remember when I was about 15 and some of my friend group were starting to get cars. Friend came by and picked me up. I'm excited to ride. Look over and this asshat has a busted lock cylinder on the steering column in the big Fleetwood. Stop the fucking car, let me out, I'll walk home before you get me caught up in your bullshit.

17. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Yeah...I caught that part too. Doesn't sound like she was off to a great start and her parent(s) weren't helping her learn from her mistakes. They were probably watching the baby so she could "have some time to be a kid". Sorry, but you no longer have that option, time to grow the fuck up.

18. Yeah fuck that, I would have done the same thing.

I just can't fathom where someone gets off taking other people's shit like that. I mean, what kind of person do you have to be? Just thinking about it makes me want to kick the shit out of all of them.

19. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I have no idea, and I wouldn't even hazard a guess. I was simply making the point that when I was a teen without a car and some people showed up at my house to pick me up, it never crossed my mind the car they were in could have been stolen. I knew some delinquents back in the day, don't think they did any grand theft auto, but I realized I couldn't be 1000% certain, and I didn't vet every driver/vehicle I ever rode in. I have, however, exited a car or two when the driver exceeded my own level of stupidity.

I read the article and felt/feel the same way most of the posters in this thread do. I even thought to myself that as dumb I was I never did anything like that. Then I realized it could have happened a lot easier than I thought.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

:flag:

Similar to when a thief breaks in to someone's home and gets injured.