1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Your Earliest Childhood Memories?

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Nov 8, 2022.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

My earliest memory.....slip and sliding in some dark tunnel only to be greeted at the end in a really bright area by some man dressed all in blue and some other ladies in all white with a faint smell of cigarette smoke. Weirdest thing I've ever experienced.

Razr and 969 like this.
  2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Did the man in blue then drop you?....

R Acree and Razr like this.
  3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Watching tv on the couch. My grandfather helping my aunt with her homework at the dining table by the front window. A barrage of loud pops and glass flying. Then my grandfathers head slamming down on the table and blood running everywhere.

Razr likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

UUUGGGG, sorry to hear that.

5. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

About 4-5, I remember riding my big wheel with a water gun on it on the sidewalk in front of our house. Same house had a big Japanese Loquat tree (we called them plum trees) and we'd chow down on the sweet goodness that are their fruit.

About the same age, playing in the sprinkler at my uncles house (poor kids water park) and stepped into a hot steaming pile of dog shit. I can still feel it today if I think about it. I'm 37. To this day I hate walking barefoot on wet grass.

Lastly, loving the feeling of being cold when you get out the tub. A/C on full blast, bad job of drying off, and running to jump in the bed under the cover. I still tell my wife how much it reminds me of being a kid when I step out of the bathroom when the a/c is blasting.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I know a guy who can help you with that. :D

R Acree likes this.
  7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Haha, the fees may be too high for me, I'll have to take my chances.

Almost forgot this one. 5-6 years old, helping collect aluminum can to recycle. Stand up can, stomp on it to compress, throw in the bag. Stomped on one and a giant fuck flying roach (the big waterbug, sewer roaches like the movie Joe's Apartment) is up my shoe into my pants. NOT A GOOD TIME.

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Oh here's another one. 3 years old in the carport going back and forth over the step. Dad told me to stop and don't cry when I got hurt well I knock a shovel over that was standing on handle with spade up it fell and hit me just above my right eye and split it open. I didn't cry but dad lost his shitand was freaking tf out

9. auminer

We're running a special for 9.99 a visit for 8 weeks. :D

10. My childhood and teenage years were complete shit. I'm not even going to get into it. But my earliest (and best) childhood memory is of "Dopey", my first dog. He was super fun, and we were inseparable.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'd say you came out ok. Except for the water bottle hoarding thing :D

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I was about 4 years old, watching the Sammy Terry Show (local TV show with spiders and a Halloween theme) he would comment about the horror show they were airing. It would scare the sh*t outta me and I knew it would. I liked to be scared for some reason. After a while, I would realize everyone went to bed and I was alone. Eventually when I couldn't take any more, I would run to my bed and hide under the covers, hoping nobody was under my bed.

13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I was stooping down to wax the car and hurt my back....that was yesterday...still counts though as earliest memory.

14. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Camping at a local conservation area, and went down to the waterfalls wearing by Montreal Expos baseball hat (wasn't an ball fan, but loved the hat). At some point I took it off, and we returned to the RV, without it. Returned immediately to go get it and it was gone. I was about 5.

15. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

My earliest memories go back to around three years old...we lived in Memphis and I remember we took in a stray dog that dropped a litter of pups in the fall of '67, playing in the snow from the March Blizzard of '68, having to get back home (I have three older brothers, and we roamed the neighborhood) before the curfew that the police announced after King was assassinated that April. Other weird snippets that I can't really assign a date.

16. auminer

I forgot to mention, there's a fire station next door to the location now. That was just woods in '72.

[​IMG]

17. ronin1052

ronin1052 Well-Known Member

I got a few:
    • Apparently I created a fun pastime of getting into a low cabinet and stripping labels off of canned goods; this resulted in 'supper surprise' for the family.
      Around 3 y.o.? I remember the feeling of the label unzipping down the corrugated side of the can, and enjoy it to this day.

• Same period (3y.o.-ish). Found a tin can top, and decided to lick the goodness off. Older sister found me, horrified by my bloody mouth.
      Got cuts on both edges of my gob, 'Joker-style'. I still remember the coppery taste of the blood...

• I remember riding in Dad's pea-green '59 Bel-Air sedan (with the huge swoopy diagonal fins), standing up in the rear seat so I could see out the window.
      He sold that car before I turned 4.

• I was goofing around doing 3-year-old shit out on the back porch; older sister found me stooped down, gently petting a slug with 1 finger.
      Shortly moved on to playing with the garden hose. Someone snapped a B & W picture that day, me standing on the wet concrete.
      Sister still has the pic. Don't recall the slug encounter, but I do remember the warm sunshine through cotton-candy clouds, and the hose spraying water.

18. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

around 3 years old and playing Evel Knievel with my 2 year old little sister by pushing her walker down the hall as fast as I could and launching her down the basement steps at the end of the hall.

Truthfully I don't really remember the run-up or launch very well, but the look on my moms face sitting there in the emergency room will forever be etched in my mind.

auminer likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Must be around four years old, living in New York City. Building doorman used to greet me with "give me five."

Also during that time, me and my younger brother waking up the folks on weekends with our toy boxes. Fisher-Price boxes that we stood on their sides, held the tops and kicked the bottoms at a pretty rapid pace with each step all the way from our room to the living room (I guess they were too big for us to carry). Mine was an airport set. Don't remember what my brother's was. But the loose toys inside made quite a ruckus.

20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Don't remember 1 (family story): @ 2 yo carrying milk bottle, crash and burn and slice forearm open for 8 stitches.
    Don't remember 2: @ 3 yo Dad leaves sack of concrete on dryer. I open it and put in washing machine thinking it's soap. Machine is no more.
    Don't remember 3: @ 3 yo wash cat with bleach. "Puff" lost lots of fur and looked mangy for 6 months, but was fine.
    Do remember: @4 climbed to top crossbeam of swing set, attempted a whirl at the knee, crashed and burned; broken leg. Leg swelled in cast first night and back to hospital ER for replacement. Good times. Set precedent for many more crash and burns across the decades.