1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Your Earliest Childhood Memories?

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I was probably 3 years old and would fake sleeping on the couch in the living room just so my dad would carry me to bed.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

One that sticks out: Around 2 or 3 and dropped my doughnut in the dirt and I took it inside to wash it off so I could eat it. It disintegrated under the water.

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

At 3, riding one of those plastic Little Tikes (?) cars down a hill for the first time.

4. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

My first memory is being in a stroller or some sort of basket like thing and I was looking up at some trees we were under at the time. The sun was shining through the trees in little beams and it was very peaceful. Then that peace was broken by the unholy sound of blown alcohol drag boats ripping down Lake Ming. Turns out my dad crewed on a race boat and we were in Bakersfield for an event at the time. Pretty cool that my first memory is of 3000hp V8 engines screaming across the lake.

Razr and R1Racer99 like this.
  5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

About 4 or 5, uncle rode up on his Honda and I walked right up to it and touched the exhaust.

Yzasserina likes this.
  6. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Falling asleep in my Moms arms at family parties and hearing her heartbeat. Still vivid after 33 years.

SpeedyE, dasrider, Wingnut and 3 others like this.
  7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Eating malted milk balls on the armrest of the recliner with my grandpa. He lived in FL and died when I was five, so not many memories of him otherwise. I likely remembered that because of how awful malted milk balls are.

Razr likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

hey Sigmund Freud, here's mine:

i was a bit over 3 , somehow heard about Atoms being the smallest "things" , so when i squinted against the sun, i'd see tiny balls/bubbles with the remaining nothing i saw and i ended up telling my parents i could see atoms. can't remember their baffled looks on their faces though.

The Todd likes this.
  9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Tee boning a drunk driver that ran a stop sign when I was about 3. Totaled the car (amc station wagon), and the cops said I was lucky to be in a car seat. Truth was I was sitting in the front seat and Dad did the Frank Costanza "stop short" to hold me back. I still remember that guy yelling at my Dad about breaking all his empty beer bottles in the back of his truck. We got a brand new caprice classic to replace it and I broke out in hives on the way home from the scotchgard coating on the upholstery.

969, Razr and Phl218 like this.
  10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Riding my Big Wheel up the street to stand in line for the Mr. Softy ice cream truck. 3-4 y/o

Razr likes this.
  11. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

How did you reach the pedals?

:Poke:

The Todd, Dan Dubeau and ChemGuy like this.
  12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

About 4 or 5 years old, dad bought me a go cart but I couldn't reach the pedals so he sat me in it , measured from feet to pedals and cut pieces of 2x4 to make up the difference and off I went

The Todd and Razr like this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

1958 thru 60, four stand out...first was mom chopping a snake into tiny pieces with a garden hoe in our playroom in Miami. Second was when Hurricane Donna hit. Dad spent half the night on one side of the bedroom bracing the jalousie windows from breaking inward and the rest of the night on the other side of the room after the eye passed. The last one was seeing JFK in campaign mode driving behind our house on US1. Our lot backed up to railroad tracks and the tracks were on the west side of the highway. Really don't remember much other than people in a big black limo. The final one was riding in the Goodyear Blimp in Miami. All I really remember is the noise from the motors and the diamond plate aluminum floor.

The Todd and Razr like this.
  14. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

watching my cousin John, my brother and sister toboggan down the hill behind the house, right into a tree. No more toboggan

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Plates and shit flying around the room.
    Corelle is really hard to break, but it can be done.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  16. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Finding chewing gum in the alley next to my Dad's hardware store.
    Using my heel to chip as much I could from the tarmac.
    Yeah, I was able to get enough for a chew.
    About 3 years old.

Razr and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Getting bit in the hand by our Belgium Sheppard pretending to eat its food out of its bowl.. Still have the scar too...

Razr likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That reminds me of another...was pretending to drive a car and stuck dad's keys into the wall outlet ignition...never did that again.

The Todd, DJ Baker, ChemGuy and 3 others like this.
  19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Wood blocks :D

Fast forward from that incident to when I was about 12/13 and I grabbed the keys to that caprice to move it up in the driveway so we had more room to ride our bikes into the cedar hedge (it was fun :D) and I drove it straight into the garage :D. I couldn't reach the pedals, so when I put it in gear and it didn't move I reached down to give it a shot of gas and BANG. lol. Dad wasn't home, but Mom was PISSED. Car was unhurt, garage was not noticeable. Don't think we ever told Dad, because mom told me to just do it myself.

t500racer likes this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I remember a few things from the house we lived in until I was almost 5. Playing in the hall with a rubber ball and bouncing it back and forth between the walls and I thought that was so cool how many times it would go back and forth. My dad squirting me with a waterhose in the eyes and I take off running towards mom, but there was a wrought iron fence between us. Had a scar on my forehead forever from that. Riding a bicycle up a small hill, falling over and busting open my chin, another scar and some stitches.

Razr likes this.