1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just landed in Cincinnati for a wedding

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Nov 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Tim_B730

Tim_B730 Active Member

Bummer on the deck, didn't know it was closed. I drove across the Brent Spence yesterday and saw that they were outside practicing, figured they might be out again since it's nice enough out for all them rich foosballers.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Thats what my wife is worried about. Hahahahahaha

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Go watch Tuna race some Dirt Track Cars!

4. Boman Forklift

We are staying in downtown off 5th at the Hyatt. Wow, you guys came up with enough things we could stay a week.

Just got back to the hotel. Tyler and his girlfriend are getting ready and then we go explore. I guess there is a trolley system down town we may try to use to get the local vibe.

I did rent a car, so we can be more mobile.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    beac83 likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Good barbecue sounds better than skyline chili, have to figure out how to do both.

We are downtown. The wedding is close to here, my daughter is already over getting hair and makeup with the other bridesmaids. My wife isn’t near me, so I have no idea the name of the venue?

I want to check out that bridge.

6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You guys are slacking :

[​IMG]

ChemGuy and Phl218 like this.
  7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Come to Milford. I'll buy you lunch at the best bbq in Ohio. Literally. 25 minute drive.

8. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

If you are staying downtown most of my suggestions are going to be a bit too much of a drive to be worth it then. The Mount Adams area would be cool to explore. That is where the Blind Lemon mentioned earlier is. The indoor Kart place would be about a 30 minute drive depending on traffic. I am sure you and Tyler would have fun there. If you are interested in baseball the Reds museum may be worth checking out.

9. Boman Forklift

Thanks, I would probably rather see cool local places and restaurants, unless it was a bike museum or something cool like a former racers shop, etc.

10. Boman Forklift

That would be fun. Ty and I try and hit the one back home every year or so.

11. cincigp

The Roebling bridge was basically his proof of concept/warmup for the Brooklyn bridge.

12. Boman Forklift

I have to go see that. The reds museum sounds cool too. Will see what the others want to do.

13. cincigp

Go East out of your hotel until you get to Vine, then head south and you can't miss the bridge. Its probably a 10 minute walk. There is a park down there and a restored old carousel that is pretty cool too.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

+1

15. cincigp

The Krohn Conservatory may also be worth looking into.

16. jdanhires

jdanhires Well-Known Member

Yeah, hit up Eden Park, check out the art museum and stop by Mt. Adams...

17. Tristan

If it's anything like it is in 'Nerk today at least you'll have great weather!

18. cincigp

Forecast is sunny and a high in the upper 70s today, so I would say they lucked out for early November.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Do they put in the touristy shows like Munich?

beers is okay, food ain’t bad but the show, that’ll make you kooky bananas nutso after 45 minutes. :D

rd400racer likes this.
  20. Tristan

On both counts- I used to respect your opinions...

rd400racer likes this.