1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rashed Can Options

Discussion in 'General' started by SuddenBraking, Oct 30, 2022.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Hey all; was being a moron last weekend and crashed my S1000XR on the street (cold tires + ham fist = fun highside).

Anyhow, I've now got to figure out what I'm going to replace and what I might just try to "cover up" via powder coating, etc.

So I think I've got my plan for each part except for my Akra can; it's rashed to hell and is $1,200 to replace with a new one. So my question for you boys and girls is are there options other than replacement? Is there a service to send slip ons to where they wet sand them and make them look like new?

Attached Files:

2. Blackbeener

Blackbeener Well-Known Member

Sharpie? I'm not sure if any of that those cheap cans from Fleabay may work, some of their ads they actually forget to cover up the Akra logos?

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Akra used to sell sleeve kits for reasonable $$$

4. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'd sand that up, paint it, and slap a replacement sticker on it. Good as new

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

:stupid: Easy fix.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

omniaracing.it sells spares for all sorts of cans.

i've had good luck with both Termi and Akra with them.

if you can't find it on the site (understandable) shoot them an email. they are really helpful

BigBird and SuddenBraking like this.
  7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Thanks for that link - checking it out now but can't find their "spares" section.

But they do have the Arrow can available, which I might go with..........

8. TommyD

TommyD Well-Known Member

go to your local friendly pu dealer.they list sleeve kit and end cap kits

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Wear that shit like a badge of honor. Chicks dig scars.

BigBird, 418, SuddenBraking and 2 others like this.
  10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That what I thought. I was thinking I would see a mangled up hanging on the exhaust type of pic, but all we got was a simple little scrape. The stories you could tell with those scratches left alone :bow:

BigBird likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

or present battle scar as proof of corners low??

BigBird likes this.
  12. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Make sure the muffler inlet mm is the same. ie; 50mm,52mm and 60mm are popular.
    I'd buy the carbon ends, sand out and powder coat the can (ceramic for heat)

BigBird and SuddenBraking like this.
  13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Drive it to your local bike night just like that to let the locals know you have shitty credit

14. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Don't be a puss. Remove the can all together... the neighbors will appreciate the rambunctious open header sound and you'll save weight.

15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

You call that “rashed”???? Sheesh some kinda hi-falootin’ hoi polloi you are………:p That is but merely a battle wound :D

16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

17. Tristan

18. Tristan

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I had a rashed can from a crash about 12 years ago. The cheap A*s mesh failed while I was sliding on my butt at Blackhawk. My wife helped me wash the little bits of gravel out. When someone is willing to do that for you, you know you found the right person to marry.

Oh, that isn't the kind of rashed can you were talking about? :D

Razr likes this.