1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. I don’t follow Mercedes and the website just listed lap times. It didn’t list the year model of the cars.

The TGT also lapped faster than the Bugatti Veyron, but it hasn’t been made in several years too, right?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that's also an older design by now. And it was never really a sports car.

Times around the Ring seem to drop more dramatically over the years due to tire progress than any other single factor. Oftentimes, when a manufacturer advertises their new lap record in a newly released car, a big chunk of that is in a new tire that was fitted to the car compared to the generation it replaces. So, something from the 2000s like the SLR might be way behind on that front alone.

3. That’s a valid point. And as far as Porsche is concerned, the other lap times are irrelevant. They specifically designed the TGT to beat the record set by the Urus (which it did, by 9 seconds, with the same driver).

So all the other (slower) cars on the list might be cool to reference, but they don’t matter because they aren’t competition to the TGT.

The only ones that matter are ones set by vehicles like the Urus, RSQ8, C63 AMG, X5M, etc.

I’m interested to see what kind of lap time the DBX707 can put down.

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

The more I think about that F-Type the more I hate this fuggin thread.

5. F-Type? Or F-Pace?

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

F-Pace

That thing is badass. Not TGT badass but badass none the less.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Superchargers and good noise > turbos and not so good noises.

8. Wanna buy mine?

I guarantee you won’t find one in better condition, unless it just finished being assembled.

BigBird, Jedb and BC like this.
  9. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

FTFY

10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Pm me the $$ it will take.

11. All of it.

:D

BC and younglion like this.
  12. Shit good call. Guns and ammo should have been first on the list. :D

OldSchlPunk likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

C’mon man, you won’t keep it long enough to redo it.

14. :D

I dunno. I might keep this one a while. The only other one that appeals to me is the Ferrari. But I don’t want to deal with their “We don’t know if you are worthy of buying our car” bullshit.

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Well how much is that? You gotta be gettin f'd on trade the way your letting them hold the TGT hostage. Once you showed how soft you are they're gonna work you. :crackup:

16. Haha probably so. But I know and expect that. I just like the trade-in process because it is easier. I drive mine there, hand it over, drive the new one home.

But PM has been sent.

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

What size Vaseline jar does the dealership issue you?

18. Large. :D

I know I lose money doing that, but for me the time saved and hassle avoided is worth it.

I would be willing to sell privately, as long as it is hassle free and a quick process.

As weird as it may sound, I always get sad when I trade-in my cars. I have had them built from scratch, take excellent care of them, and they are always in like-new shape when I trade them in. I still love them and get a little sad when I let them go.

This Jag will be the hardest one I’ve ever had to let go of, for sure. I love this vehicle. I told Papa this TGT has some BIG shoes to fill. If it isn’t insanely awesome, I won’t hesitate to order another SVR just like this one.

BigBird and Sabre699 like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If TN is like GA - especially given the high sales tax there - a trade is worth a good amount off your tax bill for the new ride. I run the numbers every time and the slight difference is almost never worth the hassle of private sales.

cBJr and BigBird like this.
  20. Ah shit, I didn’t even think about that.

I reckon the idea being you have already paid taxes on the first vehicle?

So instead of paying tax on the full price, you pay taxes on the difference after the trade?

BigBird likes this.