1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damn bruhhhh……

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Oct 24, 2022.

1. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

To the uninformed I'd just like say that in the restaurant business there's an unending supply of unbelievable stories due to the rampant alcoholism associated with it. Find someone in the trade..... they'll tell you.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If I had to deal with and serve the general public all day I'd probably drink too.

Gino230, BigBird, beac83 and 2 others like this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'm sure of that. The son probably even isn't his biological son!

4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

cocaine too. Haven’t met a high end chef or line cook yet that wasn’t hopped up on blow

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I want to see that show.

6. In Your Corner

I was only in the business for a few years and I could write a book. Restaurant employees are a breed.

He was right to fire all three, I learned the hard way that when family, fucking, fighting, and firewater come together at work you just shitcan all involved. I tried to be nice to a lunatic waitress by letting her keep her job because her whole life was a train wreck and it blew up in my face big time.

BigBird likes this.
  7. In Your Corner

I had one that I used to just hope he wasn't too coked up to fry eggs or cook pancakes. One night when he was the only cook on duty the orders starting piling up and business was light so I went back to see what his problem was and he was gone, I couldn't find him anywhere so I jumped on the line and started pushing out food when one of the waitresses tells me the cook is on the phone. There was a phone just outside the line door so I pick it up and the guy tells me he's at the ER because he has the shits so he won't be back that night (and he was the lone overnight shift cook).
    Just another day at the restaurant...

8. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

I guess I’m still just taken back by multiple generations, washing dishes. Everyone needs a job, and work is work, but that’s just not much aspirational motivation occurring in that gene pool. Granted, sounds like a crowded pool.

BigBird likes this.
  9. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Lately finding anyone with any motivation to do anything but whine for money is hard. People are fucking lazy.
    In the last few years anyone that comes to work, stays at work and actually does their job is a rare commodity. Washing dishes isn't rocket science but it is fucking hard and takes some skill to get shit clean and stay caught up. I love it.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    TurboBlew and BigBird like this.
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I didn't know being a cook paid well enough to support a coke habit.

Sabre699 likes this.
  11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

According to a web resource, a dollar in 1979 is worth $4.09 today.

I was a bus boy making $2.90/hr back then. This is $11.86 today.

I see many places advertising starting wages at $15/hr - that's 26% higher than 11.86.

Yet people bitch they aren't paid enough.

People's real need cannot be replaced with money. But that is a verboten discussion that is not allowed to take place here.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

People really need to get over believing they have a right not to be offended.

brex and YamahaRick like this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Your comment is offensive. :crackup:

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Good.

Banditracer and Sabre699 like this.
  15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Probably won't stick though...