1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCP Euro lifetime guarantee changes

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Oct 26, 2022.

1. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

For all you euro snobs - FCP has always had a Lifetime Warranty on anything it sells - even wearable stuff. Meaning when I change the oil in the cars, I put the old stuff, filter and crush washer into the box and ship it back to them for a full refund of whatever I paid for it.

But apparently now they're realizing that's not completely sustainable, so it's going to be turned into store credit only when you return, not actual cash refund. Still, hell of a deal.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifeti...AViV4JUNu1XPCRIqk2W3ZTF23t3QI8mEaAlj-EALw_wcB

BigBird likes this.
  2. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

Are people really doing that? Because that seems like an ethically questionable move.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  3. nlzmo400r

I absolutely do it, and that's what their 'lifetime warranty' covers. I called before I started doing business with them because it seemed too good to be true. They say explicitly, pay $100 for an oil change kit. In 5k miles when you do your next oil change, pay $100 for a new kit. Drain the old oil out, put it in the bottles the new stuff came in, ship it back to us and get refunded whatever you paid for that original kit.

I've used them for years now and only paid for Oil, Filters, Brake discs, pads etc ONE time for each car I own. Every time I replace it outside of that first time, it's free (provided the price hasn't increased since the original purchase).

R1Racer99 and BigBird like this.
  4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

LL Bean had a lifetime warranty like that. They had to change it after people would wear clothes for years then warranty them for new items.

A pretty shitty abuse of a well intended policy imo.

Pride & Joy and tony 340 like this.
  5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

How the hell is anybody telling you to ship used oil back to them ? That has haz mat spill and a huge bill written all over it.

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

If you return items like oil filters and crush washers for a refund, you are a certified fucktard. I think this is the first time in my BBS history (going back to nearly Day One) that I've used a variation of a four letter word. Because you deserve that label. I wish I could be stronger in my tone to emphasize how much of an idiot you really are.

I say ban him and let him return to his peers at trackday weiners.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

People would also go to yard sales and goodwill type places looking for LL bean stuff. Try and get full price back but new was almost as good. Sell it on eBay or whatever. Nice scam.

TurboBlew likes this.
  8. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifeti...AViV4JUNu1XPCRIqk2W3ZTF23t3QI8mEaAlj-EALw_wcB

...poor certified fucktard just taking a company up on an offer that they extended to their customers...
    :Poke:

BigBird and nlzmo400r like this.
  9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

No ... one with absolutely no common sense and a handful of misguided arrogance. Ruins it for others.

10. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

That’s interesting. Without knowing the full wording or spirit of the policy, can’t say much. Either those guys were really bad at business or they treated like a loss leader.

11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

They do it with snap on tools too.

12. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Its hard to ruin what they tell you to do. F customers for listening to the company they are ordering for am I right?

BigBird likes this.
  13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I order my filters form them for the beetle as the local places never have them. I prefer to buy local when I can. The O'Rielly guys are almost trained to keep one in stock at this point as I always buy my oil form them since I always use their oil dump when I am done.

14. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Gee, I wonder what led to them changing it

15. nlzmo400r

I'm sure now that they've gone from a small operation to a $13M/yr company with more customers, yes it's beginning to get harder to manage. Also, I'm literally doing what they say for you to do. This is not a loophole that I'm taking advantage of. And because of this guarantee (and to be honest, good service too) I order EVERYTHING I can from there. Even if I know I'm never going to replace it in the future.

I know most of you knuckledraggers don't know much about business, but it's no different than you buying your underwear from Walmart for $1 buy-one-get-one-free. It's a loss leader that draws you in. FCP is willing to bet that they'll offset the money they lose on oil and filters by selling regular parts at higher than competitors prices (FCP is typically 10-15% higher than other euro car parts sites).

16. nlzmo400r

They ask you to put the old oil into the new containers they just shipped to you. They even send you a big plastic bag to put all the dirty crap in before you send it back. The return shipping is obviously on the customer, but that's the only real cost once you've paid for the item once.

BigBird likes this.
  17. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

Nizmo, just stop with your absolute no common sense, handful of misguided arrogance, blatant direct experience and contacting a company BS , to then utilize their offered program for years... don't you see? You just need to accept your new title and role as "trackday weiner"...

Some guys just ruin it for others...
    :rtfrb:

BigBird, R1Racer99 and YamahaRick like this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I do this as well. Works great too on SRF Fluid, spark plugs, etc.

They had to change the policy because of inflation, and well some people abusing it. And, new parts are coming in way more expensive than the original order, especially just a couple years ago. A strut mount top bushing I bought was $8 in 2020, was $35 last time I ordered it. My tuned golf eats spark plugs, PCV valves, and strut mount bearing for lunch. So they have to get replaced often.

19. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

A2CCC4FB-BB9A-47CB-BABD-D2D656A0F776.jpeg
    :)

We’re sorry you didn’t read up on this offer and take advantage of their own promotion. And they made mention of it, everywhere. The Audi eats brake pads (new set every year, almost) and recycling oil that’s properly shipped is ecologically righteous. Their website is excellent for finding the right parts and service has been awesome. I’ll still buy parts from them. It was that program, after all, that introduced me to the business, which
    , is exactly what it was supposed to do - create longtime customers.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean they even created a youtube video showing you the best way to return the oil. So yeah.....

Phl218 likes this.