1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things that will make you feel ancient...

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Next generations muscle cars. To figure out what's going to be the next hottest trend just think back to what posters the current 40-60 year olds with money had on their high school lockers.

What do current highschool kids dream of owning? Limited edition fortnight skins? Anything physical at all, or is it all in the metaverse? I have no idea, but whatever it is, now would be a good time to buy it.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I was in HS when WQDR-FM (Album Oriented Rock) came on the air. They would play a full album side, do a few commercials, and then play the other side. Cassettes were always ready to record. Problem was, most cars didn't even have built in players. They had to be added.

TurboBlew and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

We just bought the 8-tracks.

4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I saw some blurb on the web about a girl who was chided by a store clerk for being too young to be wearing an Alice Cooper t shirt. She explained to the guy that she was the guitarist in his current band. :p

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I couldn't afford them.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. Dan Dubeau

My dad's old 76 GMC stepside had an 8 track player. We also had an 8 track to cassette adapter for it. High tech. I remember trying to use my discman to cassette adapter in the 8 track one and being pissed it didn't work. Moving my dad this past summer all those old gems were "refound" again. If anybody wants to buy a pile of old country and western 8 tracks, I know a guy......I think he kept the cassettes too.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've still got a couple of audio jack to cassette adapters somewhere, makes me laugh when I run across them so they go back in the box for the next time :D

CBRRRRR999 and R Acree like this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

Found this guy in Dad's basement while cleaning up too.
    [​IMG]
    Now they give you a code for online, and make you spill all you personal data, just to win a free drink.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wooo fucking hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 66 and 4 months today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Johnny B

Follow up picture.

[​IMG]

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Nita Strauss...

Montoya likes this.
  12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Does Alice need that crutch or is it part of his act? I've seen him a few times in concert, always a good show.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This is relevant to my interests... :Putter:

Her, not the one with the girl's name. :D

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

If you have a thing for blonde female guitarists you must know of Samantha Fish. If not , Utube.

969, Once a Wanker.. and auminer like this.
  15. Johnny B

"Dolls, dummies and a hangman's gallows were among the many props employed by Alice Cooper Sunday night at the Uptown Theater. Yet it was a simple crutch that was most effective.
    The 59-year-old brandished the crutch as he belted "I'm Eighteen," his early-70s ode to teenage confusion. It was a funny and poignant gesture from the theatrical shock-rock veteran."

- Bill Brownlee, Kansas City Star

Razr likes this.
  16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well...he has a thing for attractive blonde female guitarist. The fish doesn't fit that description.

17. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Being a fitness model certainly is a bonus, but she really is a badass guitarist.

Razr likes this.
  18. Johnny B

Orianthi.

[​IMG]

Razr likes this.
  19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Yeah, right.

20. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I can’t tell you how many cassette tapes I recorded off WQDR and WROQ (out of charlotte). Heck, some of the DJ’s would count down to when you needed to start recording.

R Acree likes this.