1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7M & V7H eligibility

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by tz250racer, Oct 24, 2022.

1. tz250racer

tz250racer Active Member

Hi,

I assume any machine eligible for V6H would be legal in V7M?

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

It depends on the displacement.

Vintage 7 Mediumweight
    Pre 1996 4-stroke multi cylinder up to 650cc.
    Pre 1996 4-stroke air cooled twins up to 1200cc.
    Pre 1996 4-stroke water cooled twins up to 800cc.
    All Honda CBR600F3 regardless of year, Kawasaki ZX6R up to 1997, Ducati 748 up to 2000 in Superstock trim other than tires and rims, Buells - steel frames, no FI bikes, all years, stock displacement.
    Exclusions: No machine eligible for D Superbike, 125GP, or Clubman classes will be allowed to bump-up to V 7.

3. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

That would be a NO. Sorry. the usual bump up class for V6 HW is V7HW but honestly i dont know the current rules due to them changing the V6HW and V7 HW rules to help bring the ARHMA guys in and have both classes have basically same rules.
    V7 MW is a 600 class mostly and has been for awhile. But they are looking at letting 1st Generation SVs in class.

Steven

4. tz250racer

tz250racer Active Member

This would be for a reverse cylinder TZ ('88-'89) which appears to be legal in V6HW. I didn't want to assume it was ok for V7MW because I only saw 4-strokes listed but at the same time it wasn't listed on the exclusions section as it would be a Formula 2 bike not DSB/125gp/Clubman.

5. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Think that bike is legal for V7 HW. I raced against a very beautiful one a few yrs ago at RA. And sorry i have mod cow and cant remember guys name. But it was absolutely beautiful red bike. He is still racing also up north in vintage.
    One of my bucket list bikes ive always wanted to race.
    The talking point is V6HW class means it a fast bike in eyes of rule makers so V7 HW is the class its legal for also. A GSXR 750 is V6 HW legal but not V7 MW legal. That makes sense? But bring it out im sure some other old guy would love to see it in person and drool all over it too. Lol

Steven

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

V7HW. Too many of us remember how fast a well ridden TZ250 can be... :D

7. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Yes but man what a machine! The best thing about racing them now is i have a camera to record it on track in every corner and guys these days wont put one on kill in tune up to really make one fly so i actually beat it on track at RA.
    But what a beautiful bike. Sad part was 1st time i saw bike was on grid and didn't get to see it in pit. Cause id have a thousand photos of it. Lol yep still a 2 stroke lover of real race bikes.
    I watched Colin race a 250 at CMRA and holy crap he would fly on it.

Steven

Waterboy likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I still like them too, always makes me smile to hear one fire up in the paddock.

Waterboy, t500racer and VFR#52 like this.
  9. tz250racer

tz250racer Active Member

Beautiful machine, but if you put it on the ground or lunch a motor there are almost no parts around to help! Least not the important ones.

Ok, so the bump up is V7HW. Thanks

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I occasionally bring my reverse cylinder tz to race in V6HW. I hope we end up in a race together sometime.

VFR#52 likes this.
  11. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

It was fun to let Blake Davis run my '95 TZ250 in F2 at the GNF Saturday. He had to come from the 10th row and finished 2nd. He needed another 1/2 lap to win :)

Shenanigans and VFR#52 like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Went faster every lap from what I saw, would be either hilarious or bad for him to get some real time on it :crackup:

13. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

In the right hands those bikes are weapons of winning and low lap times. Back when we had REAL race bikes you could buy and race.

Steven

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2022
    Waterboy likes this.
  14. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Yeah, he did 1:33.0 on it. Mike and I thought he'd get into 32s on it. I think if he raced it Sunday, 31's :eek:

VFR#52 likes this.