1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acupuncture anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 20, 2022.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I've been dealing with back and neck pain for a while now, and have been to the chiropractor for treatment, which helps, but acupuncture seems to help even more.

It's an odd feeling to say the least, but it feel much better walking out than it does walking in.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

i've had it for knee and back pain. it helps but not as good as cold plunging

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I've got issues with both. Plates and screws in the neck. Recently had a pretty bad episode with my neck, in a panic I ordered this inflatable collar for traction. Immediate relief.

Good luck. Being in pain all day sucks.

4. sdg

sdg *

Hell yes.

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Have you tried getting a massage ? I've been dealing with back pain for years and 3-4 years ago I tried getting a massage and made a huge difference, got me hooked and my wife too. We both have a standing appointment once a week. She goes today after work, I go tomorrow morning.

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'm too scared to to be honest. I really don't want to be massaged in to more discomfort.

BigBird likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Me 2, well unless you're Deshaun Watson.

I usually try Eastern Medicine before all else. Glad Western world is coming to terms that there's something to it.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Gotta say I've never heard of someone afraid of getting a massage before.

9. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

I'd be open to it. I'm only able to work and walk because of the following.
    Massage, homemade high concentration CBD ointment, inversion table, Chiro, lidocaine patches.
    3 herniated discs and a lot of broken bones and rebuilt joints from a youth well spent.
    Can't do NSAIDs anymore as they interfere with other meds.
    Can't do pain meds because it never ended up well for me.

10. pro69ss

pro69ss Well-Known Member

I tried it 2 times and it’s not for me . Been through chiropractor, massages, pain management doctor. I found relief dry needling from my physical therapist.

11. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I started acupuncture a little over a year ago. Absolutely love it. Went every week or so at first. Now once a month or two and I'm good. I saw benefits immediately, but if you Google it it will tell you to expect it to take two or three treatments to see results.

Also have started getting regular massages. I've used three different massage therapists. You tell them what pressure you're comfortable with. My first therapist was a young girl who couldn't go hard enough. Had my current therapist start out at her medium hard and ended up having her back the pressure off a little bit. I'm sore the day after but feel fantastic from the second day on. She's also shown me some specific stretches to target the tight spots she finds. Stretching keeps me way better between appointments.

Just recently started float therapy on a whim more than anything else. Thought it would be relaxing. The float places say it helps with pain. I'm was kind of like whatever, didn't see how that would work. It does. I'm going to float this afternoon as a matter of fact, super looking forward to it.